“Well built especially the audio/video.”

Hotel Zetta San Francisco
Ranked #19 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Well built especially the audio/video.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great rooms, comfortable beds , awesome tv & shower I had a short stay though the staff was great very polite & courteous in every way.Great sound in the fitness center,cool articulating tv's & pool table @ second floor game area realgood place to unwind after a hard days work.

Room Tip: all i know is my room was excellent & i'm sure that is the standard @ Hotel Zetta
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Greg G,
Thank you for the great feedback, we do have some unique hi tech features in our hotel and we also have some pretty fun low tech, I hope that you had the chance to play with our unique Plinko wall and enjoy a glass of wine in our Play Room. See you soon!
Benjamin Duverge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great new hotel near Market Square, just renovated and it has large rooms for an older building.
Nice bathrooms, bed is fantastic and the lobby is very unique.
Walk to many good restaurants and the trolley, Convention Center is around the corner
Very friendly staff at the desk!!
-Paul R

Dear Paul R
We have indeed large rooms considering that the building opened a 100 years ago as a 350 rooms hotel, we now only have 116 and we have just completed a 13 Million renovation. Even though we are located in close to many restaurants, we will have our very own this summer. I hope to see you then.
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here recently because of a recommondation from a friend and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. The staff was very polite and accomidating and even though the bar wasn't open yet we still all had alot of fun in the upstairs party room (which is free and open to all comers). Rooms and decor were very nice and all and all I would recomend this hotel to anyone traveling through the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side smelled really good from all the restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear 874David
We are glad that a friend recommended you to Hotel Zetta and that you had a great stay. We love the playroom and we are adding 2 game consoles this week to make it even more fun and interactive. Let us know next time you are in town and I will point out Al Capone on our "convict wall" in the lobby. I am looking forward to welcoming you back.
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Zetta last week and was very impressed - especially since I have stayed at this location prior to the renovation. The rooms and general amenities look 100% different and it has a much more luxurious feel. Loved the Espresso machines in the room, new everything, game room upstairs was good to lounge in before going out in the city. The staff was helpful in flagging down a taxi. Anyone that has stayed at a Viceroy hotel should know that this place is up to their usual level of service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Michael P,
Thank you for the feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed our re-use, re-purpose, re-boot design, the in-room Illy espresso machine and our playroom. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to San Francisco.
Twinsburg, Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I wouldn't consider myself cosmopolitan, but I have been around. One thing I notice on my travels is hotels. Is there anything worse than having a weary day and getting to a hotel that isn't a respite?? It didn't happen at the Zetta in San Francisco. From the moment I valeted my car I was thoroughly impressed. I thought it was a good fit due to its prime location amongst shopping and history, located a block away from Union Square. The stunning decor, the unique design, and the detail! Don't let me forget the comfort. What I learned as well; it has not even finished it's remodeling. A quality restaurant and bar are soon to open!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert E
Dear Robert E.
Thank you for the great feedback. The restaurant, scheduled to open this summer, is going to be a great addition to the hotel and to the San Francisco dining scene. I am glad that you enjoyed some shopping and that you had fun with our design. There are a lot of details just within our lobby and Playroom. We cannot wait to welcome you back so that I can share them with you.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Love this place!! Finally a new hotel in SF to meet my TECH needs. Place is so modern and clean and the bed, didn't want to leave!! From what i've herd from the other guests I spoke with while playing pool and shuffleboard table!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear jmadamy1

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our design and beds and I cannot wait to welcoming you back! We are adding some amenities as everyday passes and the new game consoles for our Playroom are on their way. Thank you for the great feedback!

San Francisco
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We chose Zetta based on location to transit and great soft opening deal. Beware it is still very much a work in progress; I've stayed at soft openings before and this is more like pre-soft opening. We had a good laugh about a lot of things. Our bathroom lights stopped working (blown breaker). They've been open now about 4-5 weeks and the fire alarm still doesn't work? Bizarre. The aircon/heater fan in the room is extremely loud. Coffee ceases to be served in the lobby at 10am promptly...just fyi for all you late night partiers. Cool little game room upstairs but only useful if staying while the place isn't crowded. Room design is nice and we had a good sized room (basic king). There were two windows but your view is of the other room about 3 feet across a fire escape. We asked for a half-hour flex on the check out time and were denied. I really can't see this place ever being worth $350+ per night. Until the hotel and bar are open later this year, you are stuck with few decent eating options nearby.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Workerbee3
Dear esheld01

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I am glad that you were able to get in our soft opening deal and enjoyed our great location. Our Playroom, with the pool table and the classic shuffle board is becoming a hit with our guests and hopefully you had a chance to try our Plinko wall, it is becoming rather popular and it will be the major feature of our soon to be opened lobby bar. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally by calling the hotel, as I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to San Francisco.
Regards,