Prelim "hopefully no ugly" review (the good/not-so-good (yet) review will come after check-out later this week):
Hotel Zetta literally just opened this past weekend (2/23/13). They are wayyyy behind in being ready in a multitude of obvious ways, so this review is pre-emptive in response to anyone who is staying here now and will write a hater's review.
Zetta is obviously geared for a certain demographic: 23-45 urban, tech-savvy, travelling, solo business man (based on hotel ambiance and decor). This is also the type of person who has been sitting in the lobby waiting for rooms to be ready the last few days, passing me in halls, riding the elevators, asking why something isn't done for them at the front desk, and congregating outside on the sidewalk. When the hotel is fully ready, this type of man will be gaga for this place. Until then, please don't be a whiny hater and pan the place here. Hotel Zetta is a Viceroy, so you know it will be good. And I can already see some of you wanting to throw a fit about some minute thing that happened and "catastrophically" hampered your life.
Instead, think twice about whether you'll come back when Zetta is "fully operational" (to quote the Emperer) - you know you will - and all the perks and discounts you have been offered in compensation as the staff does the best they can to make things better in this transition period. And the construction workers working overtime, working hard just like you, hearing you wimper.
To be continued....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a city of exquisitely edgy contrasts, Hotel Zetta offers a high level of sophistication and service without taking itself too seriously. The vibrant décor and sustainable architecture lend an innovative, creative vibe, while the high-tech conveniences, oversized guestrooms and plush pillow top beds keep things modernand always relaxed. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s famously techy-savvy SoMa district and walking distance to Union Square, Hotel Zetta invites style-seeking travelers and local professionals to work, connect, play and get inspired.Located in the heart of San Francisco’s famously hip SoMa Distict, Hotel Zetta offers 116 fashionable rooms and suites to style-seeking business travelers, culture-seeking out-of-towners and local professionals. Work-hard-play-hard business travelers can customize in-room work spaces with over-sized butcher block desks and a bevy of high-tech conveniences, from Internet-ready Samsung 46” smart TVs with access to apps like Facebook, Twitter and Netflix, to G-LINK™ docking stations that let you wirelessly stream videos from your mobile devices to your TV. Want to escape the bustle of the city without actually leaving the city? Our amenity-rich urban enclaves elevate downtime with down comforters and imported linens atop sumptuous pillow top beds, complimentary Neil George bath and body amenities, and Illy coffee espresso machines. Each room's unique quality is accented with a one-of-a-kind tapestry; a stunning collage of antique Oriental rugs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Zetta San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milano Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Milano San Francisco
- Milano San Francisco