“Very Good -- Very Different!”
Review of Hotel Diva

Hotel Diva
Ranked #108 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Denver, Colorado
“Very Good -- Very Different!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

There's really only one work I can use to describe the Hotel Diva -- FUNKY! I mean that in a very good way. The decor is very cool. The amenities are..............interesting (there was a complimentary condom inside the safe in the room with a note that said, "We hope you have a SAFE stay with us"). That may sound weird to some people, but it made me laugh out loud. Anyway, this is now my "go to" hotel whenever I'm in San Francisco -- it is just TOO FUN!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Personality H, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hi JHogan1978,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had a lot of fun. We hope you will think of us again on your next visit to San Francisco.

We hope to see you soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Location Location Location!!! Starbucks is right off the lobby and opens early-has some great breakfast sandwiches besides just the morning cup of joe! And about a block from a small Walgreens which is handy. More importantly you can walk to Union Square, catch a Cable Car, walk to the Embarcadero-everything seems easy to find right outside their front door!

People! Eileen is a true PLUS to the Hotel Diva-super friendly-has great recommendations and always a quick genuine smile!! Also a shout-out to Evan who was working the Concierge desk as well as Christian who even made a special trip to take care of my room-mate who got really sick while we were in SanFrancisco!! People make this place worth returning to!

Rooms! - I did not see the standard room- my friend and I shared a Junior Suite King-which even with the Murphy bed pulled down was roomy-the bathroom was a tad tight but most hotels in the City have small bathrooms. The bathroom did provide a challenge with figuring out the shower-but once that was accomplished- hot showers were plentiful!
Our room windows looked into an interior area-they were a tad quieter tho on Friday night some loud guests really made so much noise I awoke and did not fall back to sleep..:(
The room was modern, clean and space was well used-
The main bed-KING looked ultra comfortable-
My MAIN SUGGESTION is to maybe add some double double rooms-seems they were all booked when I booked about 2 weeks in advance... and I believe when I looked online one of the descriptions of the Jr Suite King indicated- 2 sinks- our room had that but my other 2 friends' Jr Suite did not.. which made getting ready take much longer...
Other than that- would definitely recommend! THANKS and keep Eileen, Evan and Christian!

Room Tip: If you don't want a bunch of street noice-common in City Hotels-ask for a quiet room at check in...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank BackRoadsUSA
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Hotel Diva is a quaint boutique hotel located near Union Square. I like staying at these type of hotels.
My room was small, but the service was excellent.The front desk staff and the Concierge were extremely helpful and made excellent suggestions.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Very 'chic' and trendy hotel, which tries very hardly to be 'boutique'. The free sake hour is a very good and nice example of it.
The location is superb, 400 meters from union square. While small, the rooms had all the necessities, which was of superb quality (very good bad, A/C with a thermostat which really worked, nice bath, ...).
I got it for ~140$ per night, which made it a very good deal for the area. Would recommend for a good price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Personality H, General Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hi Avi28,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the trendy style of the property. We hope you will think of us again on your next visit to San Francisco.

We hope to see you soon!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Thank god we only had one night here!
Photos are very deceiving with small rooms and a tiny ensuite with a shower that is akin to deciphering the divinci code. Hotel staff were dismissive and short. Hotel itself was also run down with a sense of tacky modernity to make up for it. Cleanliness and hygiene seemed like an afterthought.
The elevator lights insinuated previous drug taking was rife.
Save $50 a night and head to the The Orchard Hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Catherine N
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Catherine N,

I'm so sorry to hear your experience at Hotel Diva was not as pleasant as you would have expected. Please accept my apology. Hotel Diva offers various types of accommodations raging from deluxe rooms to executive king rooms as well studios which are comparatively much bigger. We always encourage our guests to express their concerns during their stay so we can very well accommodate them. Although my staff gets favorable reviews, it is truly disappointing that this is not case with your experience. Please be assured that I will discuss this with our staff.

I hope you will give Hotel Diva another chance and that you would give us the opportunity to change your impression on us.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Diva.

Best regards,
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We checked into the Diva for a quick getaway from the craziness of Vegas! Upon arrival, our front desk agent ( Eileen / Irene? - sorry) was very knowledgeable, sincere and professional. She told us about the property , amenities and recommended that we try the Mexican restaurant next door ( which was delicious)

The rooms were a perfect size for a quick getaway and the decor was a unique extension of the hotels personality. I really loved the boudoir like shades on the windows. I would suggest however that maybe the hotel add some branded items in the rooms. ( such as hotel Diva waters etc....)

Our Concierge Christian was awesome, he gave us detailed directions on how to get around the city and recommended some fabulous places to try. His professionalism and attention to detail really was impressive! I truly appreciate all the suggestions of places to visit.

Thanks to the amazing staff who helped us we will most definitely be back to stay at the Diva.... The hotel was a perfect place to stay for us!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JELISA
Personality H, General Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Jelisa ,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva and sharing your experience with us.
We are thrilled to hear that our staff took great care of you and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you soon.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for new year, when my friend booked me the room and paid for it already I went there and showed them the confirmation, they swiped my card and said they won't be charging me because it's paid for already and it's just for verification. I came to know later that they charged me for the room again when it's already paid for, and it's been 23 daysa and they have not refund me my money saying they can't credit it to my account and they will give it to my sister who is there now. when I called the staff and talk to them about it they said they don't know they'll check and call me back and no one did I was in Bahrain for a week trying to solve this problem and for them to refund me my money but they didn't bother calling me back I called many times and they said the supervisor is not there and they'll let them know to call me. Then I had to leave the country I let my sister follow up with them there as I can't be calling them all the time from the US. After 18 or 19 days I got an email from the supervisor telling me she'll check and let me know and i'm not getting answer so they can charge me and take the money from my card but they can't refund it back that way??? what kind of Hotel is that?? I asked them to wire me the money if they don't have ways of refund it on my credit card. I'm still waiting with slow service and communication.. This is terrible how hard is it to give a person their money back when the mistake was done by their unprofessional staff. This is just making me so mad.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Desertprincess79
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Desertpricess79,

Thank you for your feedback. Please contact me if this issue has not been resolved. We respond and correct all billing issues no more than 48 hours after it was reported. I'm so sorry to hear this wasn't the case with you. We can only do refunds on the same credit card where the funds where taken out from. I am quite unclear with the turn of consequences with your credit card. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

We look forward to Welcoming you back at Hotel Diva.

Best regards,