“Most comfy bed that was not my own”
Review of Hotel Diva

Hotel Diva
Ranked #107 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was very happy with our choice. I searched a lot of hotels before choosing Diva, and I was not disappointed. We checked in around 11 am and were pleased to get a complimentary upgrade from 2 doubles (about $200/night) to a queen jr suite, which had a queen in one room and queen Murphy bed in second room. Pros: close proximity to BART Powell St station, cables cars and street car, SUPER comfortable bed, quiet (rm 708, top floor and backs to the alley), nice amenities like bottled water, makeup wipes, sake in the lobby at happy hour, soft towels, iPod/iPhone docking station alarm clock, good( and free) WiFi, blackout shades, very helpful concierge and indoor access to Starbucks next door. Cons: bathroom fan ran continuously (i just shut the door) recycling pickup for glass is at 5:00am and goes on for at least 15 min it seems, with the sound of glass bottles being emptied into a truck of more bottles. All that said, I preferred that over a room facing Geary St. The concierge stored our bags until our room was ready, made shuttle reservations to SFO ($15 per person, each way) and let us cool off and rest in one of the conference rooms after we had checked out, but were waiting for a late evening flight.
The best part: my 12 yo said it was the best hotel he had ever stayed in, which made our trip memorable. Thanks Diva!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WAgal
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear WAgal,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will think of us once again on your next rip to San Francisco. We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Diva.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Diva

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed for two nights, very clean and tidy, if you get a room overlooking the front its very noisy.
A little on the camp side for our taste. Having said that the decor was unusual but pleasant. Room on the small side but well finished. A very central position only steps from Union Square.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights as part of a bigger trip around California-We had a Deluxe Double Double- not sure what the extra Double got us, but it was a good sized bedroom with small/tiny ensuite- so tiny the sink was in the bedroom itself. Our door did not fit the frame - by over an inch on one side, so the noise and light from the corridor at night was annoying, however this was drowned out by the AC and the Garbage men through the night and morning- Not the hotel to stay in if you want to sleep. The lifts are incredibly slow and the corridors and room we were in were very dark.
On the plus side the hotel is in a great location and has a Starbucks attached to the lobby as well as good diners/breakfast options on the same block. Complimentary Sake in the lobby in the evening is a nice touch.

Room Tip: We were on the back of the hotel so no light and very noisy from the back of the restaurants/bars et...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here at the start of May as a part of our month long trip of the States/Mexico and we couldn't have been happier. This boutique hotel has it all. Great location,friendly staff and a certain feel that makes you instantly comfortable. If you are lookin for a 5 star hotel with all the trimmings then this hotel won't be for you but if you are looking for a clean and affordable room to use as a base while you enjoy what San Francisco has to offer then this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Gorlo73,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva. I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had the chance to enjoy the many complimentary amenities we offer: wifi, business center, fitness center, tea lounge, lobby water service and our sake hour in the lobby from 5 to 7pm. I hope you will think of us once again on your next visit to San Francisco.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Diva.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Out off all of the rooms I have stayed in this trip, this has to be by far the smallest room, but it has been the best dressed room I have ever stayed in .... I loved it! The hotel is only a few minutes walk from Union Square, which makes it very convenient, but as you might expect, it can be noisy at night. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear PaulHertford,

Thank you for the five star review on Trip Advisor. I would like to suggest an Executive King room or a Studio King perhaps on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here June 3-5 on the third floor, no bed bugs thank goodness! Got a great price through a deal on their website and they upgraded my room for free when I arrived. Location is central and convenient to public transportation, just don't turn the wrong way and end up in the Tenderloin area. The bed was comfortable and the toiletries were nice. Staff were super friendly all around, especially Eileen at the front desk. The building is starting to show its age, but nothing major. The biggest thing that would make a difference would be thicker windows, so you don't have to hear all the noise from the street. Ask for an interior room if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Sugarl1952,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Eileen would like to extend her appreciation for your kind words. I hope you will think of us once again on your next visit to San Francisco.

We look forward to seeing you soon,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Staff was very nice during my late night check-in. Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Great hot water and water pressure in the shower. Parts of the wall above the bed in room 322 were starting to peel away but it didn't affect my stay. Location was great- just a couple blocks from Union Square and Market Street. Easy to get to everything. They have an airport shuttle that comes to the hotel that was painless -$15. The cab right from the airport to the hotel was $50. You can take the Bart but I had a late flight into the city. I liked having an empty mini fridge I could use and a combo heater/fan/ac.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo