Hotel Diva
Ranked #108 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have been all over the world and in the travel industry for 30years. I was going to stay at the Westin since I am a starwood member but the prices were so high for the weekend I was going. A friend found a low price and some great reviews and photos of this hotel and told me to check it out. It looked great and the price was right so I gave it a try..

I was impressed from the moment we arrived. The Hotel Diva was ultra modern and very clean, I loved the lobby and that it was connected to a starbucks didn't hurt either! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. All of their suggestions for sightseeing and jazz clubs were excellent. We had both been to SFO before but this experience was different...The Diva just felt so in style with the city. The room was just right and the bed was very comfortable. The other guests we saw came from all over the world..switzerland..etc..and they were so happy they chose this hotel as well.

It was so convienient to everything and in a safe area. If you want a classy clean modern hotel within walking distance of all of Union Square...this is it!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oceanrunninggirl
Write a ReviewReviews (2,000)

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Great location, walking distance to theater, union square, and cable car station. Many restaurants within walking distance too.
Old hotel, so rooms are small, but clean and unique. Many celebraties stay here, so you might see one.
Across the street is a restaurant with a Great breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank yppykya
Reviewed October 18, 2012

What can I say about Hotel Diva?? We were a little sceptical when we arrived in San Francisco but once we entered our hotel and were greeted by the friendly reception staff we were soon put at ease. Our room was gorgeous and absolutely spotless. The complimentary bath products were lovely. The bathroom was a tad small but big enough for what we needed and the shower was great.
The best thing about the room was the bed. I have never slept in such a comfortable bed. The mattress wasn't too firm but not soft either, the pillows were i believe feather and the duvet was very cosy. Each member of the staff we spoke to, whether it be at the reception desk or cleaning staff in the halls, were extremely polite and helpful.
Although the view from our window was of the roof we could see Macy's and could see the star rotating and all lit up at night. The entire hotel is well kept and very modern. It's in a great location as is 2 blocks from Union Square which has shops to die for, i.e. Macys etc. From there you can get transport to pretty much anywhere in San Francisco so the location of the hotel is brilliant.
All in all, we loved our stay at Hotel Diva and would recommend it to anyone and would most definitely return if we ever visit San Francisco again.
Thank you Hotel Diva for making the start of my first trip to America a pleasant one!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The Diva description on the web promised style and personality and delivers. The service at the desk was warm,quick and professional.
The rooms are small but stylishly modern with an erotic feel down to the sexy graphics on the blinds.
The location is central but can be noisy at night.
Value for money represents a good deal.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Myself and 3 others stayed here at the beginning of September 2012. This was the beginning of a 17 day trip through America along the coast to Vegas. The location of this hotel is perfect. It's close to union square, with many shops and bars, but far enough away not to to be constantly disturbed by noise. My room which I shared with my fiancé was based at the rear of the hotel, which we were glad about when our companions in the next room, based at the front of the hotel, told us of the noise they had experienced during the night. The rooms were ideal. Big enough, extremely clean, comfortable beds and pillows. The staff were extremely pleasant, and we're always on hand to offer assistance when looking for places to go. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to take a trip to San francisco.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Blondy1234,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope my staff was able to able to accommodate your friends in a quiet room after the first evening.

Please come back and see us again on your next visit to San Francisco.

Best regards,
Virgil Lopez
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here the end of September,the room was large and two double beds,like a home from home.The staff very helpful and friendly,it was my birthday while we were there and shared my cake with the staff at the desk as it was too much for us,we checked out a day early as we were invited to dinner with the family, so we stayed there to save traveling back into the city,but will stay here next time in San Fran.The hotel is central to all visitor attractions,exellent hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank paulas558
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here in May 2012 a very nice experience rooms quite small but clean. If you are a light sleeper it can be quite noisy, but I had no trouble. The staff were very friendly and offered great advice on where to go etc. The location is fantastic and central to everything Would highly recommend it

Room Tip: Because of its location has a lot of street noise