“A motor car hotel in San Francisco”

Cow Hollow Inn and Suites
Ranked #45 of 231 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were looking for an affordable hotel with parking in San Francisco. We found the kind of hotel we were looking for on Lombard Street. Not a far drive from Fisherman's Warf and the city center. There was also very available bus lines. We chose this hotel because it seemed to be comfortable and of a good standard. We were not disappointed, we had a large room nice and clear. Parking was very approachable and friendly reception.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GuyF758
Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I loved this place. The price was great, the location perfect! I can't wait to go back and stay here our net trip to CA. I was there during the government shutdown, a few places were closed but we still had a blast. We have to go back so i can visit the closed sites, but this place will for sure be one of our places that we stay at again. Staff was very friendly, very helpful. It was our 1 yr anniversary and it was a great spot for the money. Clean, Older looking, but we wasn't staying there for the hotel. We came to site see.... I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justin S
Reviewed February 19, 2014

What I liked about this place was that the front desk was super helpful! They provided us with breakfast options, suggested some great places. Everything was very clean and way better than the other place we stayed at. It was a little pricey, but we were ready for a nice and clean place after a very bad experience at Knight/Aloha Inn. We paid about $90-$120 per night in the first weekend of February.

Cons: Not really any Amenties, smaller rooms

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hannamartz
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have stayed here many times thanks to my sister-in-law's recommendation. A real bargain for SF with the free parking and very convenient if you are driving into the city. Rooms are well maintained and the staff is cordial. Lots of great restaurants nearby and near to buses. Only a few blocks to Union Street with wonderful shopping and restaurants. Walkable to the Marina area and just a little farther to the cable car. On my way back soon for spring in SF.

Room Tip: Ask for the back rooms when possible, since Lombard Street is a bit busy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed in this property years ago and we jumped at it again when we had the opportunity to come to san fran again. The staff werenice and proffesional and easy to talk to.The rooms were clean, beds were nice and the security is good. It is situated right on Lombard street so you can get in and out easily. It is within walking distance to fishernans warf, but if you want to walk over the crookedest street it is a bit of a hike. The area is covered with place to eat. I would stay here again .

Room Tip: Please ask for a room away from the street as it is quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank oldestpenguin
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Found this Hotel thru the AAA. It worked out fine. Free Parking and the room was very comfortable. Best of all is the area. A block off the main shopping ave. Full of restaurants , stores, (An apple store as well) , movie theater, fast food, and so on. The Golden Gate Bridge is near by and we left the car and took the bus down the block to Fisherman's wharf. The self parking permitted us to come and go at any time. My son and I had a great stay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2013

When our kids were young and we traveled as a family, we often stayed at the Cow Hollow Suites, and that situation just could not be beat--as a family of 5, we loved the 2 bedroom suite: 2 full bedrooms (one with a queen bed and one with two queens), a full living room, and a full kitchen. On our recent trip, it was just my husband and me, and we decided we were put off by the SF hotel prices (like the mediocre Hotel Triton at nearly $300 per night plus parking), so I thought "Let's try Cow Hollow." We got a king-bedded room for $155 (and that includes free parking).

We loved our room--great mattress, nice decor, comfortable bathroom and lighting. The neighborhood was still wonderful and "upscale," and we loved all the restaurants and bars just around the corner.

We couldn't have been happier. (I would add that our room was facing the street--Lombard--just across the street from Mel's Diner. There was a lot of traffic noise, although not loud party noise or sirens. For this reason, if you are a light sleeper, I would suggest asking for a room that doesn't overlook Lombard.)

I also saw a notice in the lobby that the hotel is getting ready to renovate--this can only mean that things will get even better.

If you are a family, this is THE place; if you are a couple on a budget, I highly recommend both the hotel and the area.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you probably want to get a room that doesn't face Lombard.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple