My sister-in-law and I stayed at Beck's primarily because it was near the CPMC Davies campus, where my brother was hospitalized, and because it was relatively inexpensive for San Francisco. She described Beck's as "straight out of the '50s," which could have been bad news. My first surprise was the man dressed only in a thong strolling ahead of us on the outside balcony ("Don't worry," whispered my sister-in-law, "he's not interested in us--and not just because we're old"). Another surprise was how clean and spacious our room was. And the room remained clean throughout our prolonged stay, thanks to the conscientious housekeeping staff. We kept having to extend our stay, since the hospitalization was unexpected and the course of events unpredictable, but the folks at the front desk were very flexible (they could have been hard-nosed and booted us out). There are lots of nice little restaurants near the hotel (the Indian place right across the street isn't bad), and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. I would recommend ear plugs for sleeping, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Castro, Beck's Motor Lodge is surrounded by charming tree lined streets, unique restaurants and lively nightlife. We have a private sundeck where you will enjoy lovely views of the city. Public transportation via the historic streetcar is available outside your door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Beck's Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beck`s Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Becks Motel San Francisco
- Becks Hotel San Francisco
- Becks Motor Lodge San Francisco