“Excellent Indian Restaurant in the vicinity of the Moscone Center” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amber

Amber
Reserve with OpenTable
Amber is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 5,626 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: 4th & Market
Description: Amber India Restaurant embodies the spirit and essence of fine Indian cuisine. Located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, Amber India Restaurant takes Indian cuisine to a new culinary level, while still holding true to its traditional nuances. Much like the ambiance within the restaurant, Amber India’s cuisine is a mix of modern style with traditional roots. The delectable cuisine, the well paired wines, and the exotic cocktails are sure to indulge anyone’s senses. The split-level three-story restaurant can easily accommodate 140 people, with a private dining room in the back for up to 25 people. With its vaulted ceilings, stylish décor, and a constant LED light show behind the bar, Amber India Restaurant is truly a feast for both the mouth as well as the eyes.
Michigan USA
“Excellent Indian Restaurant in the vicinity of the Moscone Center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Avery elegant place, large menu, good quality food. Things appear rapidly so there is a large kitchen capacity. Prompt and attentive service.

• Visited February 2013

• Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“You're back in India!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I recently got back from a trip to India & was visiting my sons in SF-- & Amber was their choice. If you had blindfolded me & asked me to taste the food -- I could have been fooled as I was still jet lagged from my trip. The appetizer-- palak chaat, tandoori sampler-- was as authentic as it could be. All the dishes we ordered were good-- especially the butter chicken. The lamb kebabs were a little less spicier than I would have liked but still good. It is as good as you could get back home in India.Try it sometime!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ellicott City, Maryland
“lovely dining room ambiance; above-average high end Indian cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Upscale Indian restaurant with striking interior -- deep scarlet design; quiet. Food was all very well-prepared, standard dishes; not spectacular, but definitely worth trying. I'd go back. Nice place to linger and chat.

• Visited January 2013
Hartsville, South Carolina
“Definately shouldn't miss this place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Was in SFO n vacation and a physician I work with told me that I had to eat at Amber when I was here. He told me that the food there is better than eating Indian food in India! Walking into the place I had to think he was right; you know it has to be good if there are native Indian eating there, and the place was packed! We went on a Monday for lunch and they had a buffet. It was more expensive than I am used to (I'm from a small town in SE USA) but it was worth it! By having the buffet we could try everything! I'm not used to Indian food, but will definitely eat more if it taste like that!the food was delicious! This is a must even if your not big into Indian cuisine...

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Fantastic Indian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I traveled to San Francisco over the Christmas holiday. We are true lovers of Indian cuisine and search for exceptional Indian restaurants in every city to which we travel. Amber by far exceeded our expectations. The butter chicken is really more like a religious experience than an entree! Amazing and different use of spices in the curries that we tried. Service and atmosphere was also exceptional. We would return again and again! Not to be missed!

• Visited December 2012