“Great lunch. Great value. Great service”
Review of Original US Restaurant - MOVED

Original US Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent lunch. Lasagne can be recommended. Service was great very friendly. Good italian food at a good price.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Let me start out by sharing that I was a waitress for over 8 years, working in the average local whole in the wall restaurant to VERY POPULAR downtown nightclubs Chicago. The service here was non-existant and the food was bland & not at all what I was expecting from this place after reading all the positive reviews both on this site and another. Yes there were some "NAY" sayers about this place but I just chalked it up to those negative reviewers weren't expecting a little local place "Whole in the Wall " so I gave it a whirl. There were five of us at a four top, they didn't want to push another table together with ours because the server would loose that table ( $$$ ). Fine. They menu was very large but the prices seemed pretty high for a local place serving pastas and sandwiches, I mean these are prices they are charging at the Wharf . Really? That was disappointing, I mean that's why I came to try a local place and generate some revenue for the little guy. They are charging $2.50 for a can of Coke. They actually bring you a unopened can and place it on the table. BTW my daughters soda-pop was brought a very warm can so they brought her ice too, classy. It's not the fact that they served cans of soda it was that they charged 2.50 for them. We waited a very, very long time for our food to be served the only time we talked to the waitress was when she took our order, explained how she was going to apply the restaurant.com coupon ( she didn't know we had one until the very end of our meal so I cannot place the bad service on the guaranteed tip ) . When we ready to go we noticed the talbe behind us with our credit card ? The waitress had handed our bill & credit card to a "regular patron" who then gave it to the table behind us, luckily the people sitting there were honest and quickly informed us about what was going on !!! This is crazy enough but wait - we are finally out of this place and just standing around kind of discussing what kind of experience we just had and the group of people who alerted us to the check snafoo where flagging us down. She was traveling from Italy ( maybe with her 2 older children ) and couldn't believe the service she just recieved and wanted some info about how the tipping works here. She continued to say that the waitress added a 18% tip to their bill !! What ? I did over hear the server explaining the tip to them earlier but assumed that they were using a restaurant.com coupon where the tip is added automaticaly regardless og the service you recieve, so I thought nothing of it. They were a party of 3, traveling in California from Italy and she added a 18% tip to the bill. That is wrong,wrong,wrong....the service was aweful and the last time I checked tipping was based on the service provided not taking advantage of International tourists. Thumbs down, THBBB!!!! This is a scandal and a sham. Stay away.

1  Thank ChicagoFirewater
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Well i was visiting San Francisco for a family trip and we stopped by this restaurant because we were told it was very good, and i was glad we did. This food was amazing I got the Gnocchi dish with a four cheese sauce and you just could not beat it. My family was so impressed with the restaurant that we came back three days later!
So if you are looking for a good restaurant to go to this is it!

1  Thank Mart R
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We ate here at least 4 times during our 5-day stay in S.F. The menu is really good and the prices are value-packed.

2  Thank RonandMarusia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Walk in there and enjoy your stay, your food and your time. Fresh, cooked at your sight and great tastes combined with good service is what you get in this nice place surrounded by many others which also look good. If looking for good Italian food in SF, you will enjoy it!

1  Thank Eddy S