“Odd name, good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We make a point to chatting up locals to get their opinions on places to eat where ever we go.
On this trip to SF, we were staying right on the edge of Little Italy. I asked our hotel night person where he would have dinner in this neighborhood, without any hesitation, US Restaurant. I looked them up on the internet and the reviews were sound.
Not a large place, but then not too many places in the city are. When I opened the door, the smell was on point, yummy. For my husband, the true test of any Italian restaurant is the bread, he ate two baskets by himself. There’s an open kitchen, two cooks, three people on the floor, they were all efficient. Very eclectic décor, but not oddball at all, it fit. Loved the light fixtures!
Our two top order was the antipasti plate to start, very good, and a plate of baked Rigatoni and cheese and spinach raviolis. Coffee and a cannoli to share was a must have! The prices were excellent, given that this is San Fran after all. For an American-Italian, this place scored well in our book.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Their meatballs, sauces and sandwiches are AWESOME!! We had spaghetti and meatballs and ravioli, which also delicious.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were walking back from Fort Mason and stopped for a late lunch. we ordered promptly. The waiter got our wine to us.The glass had lip prints like lipstick on it. I wiped them off and sipped form the opposite side of the glass. I saw the food sitting on the service counter for a while but the server was no where to serve it. When we finished our soup and salad. We waited for the pasta and again it just sat at the pass until the waiter could serve it even though we were the only patrons there. He also failed to refill my water glass even though he was at our table twice before I asked for more water.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband got spaghetti carbonera & I had lasagna. The service was great. Not hurried. We met a lot of people we had seen around town.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

good service, big menu, lot of Italian foods,good murals, not that big, did not make reservations for 8/27