“Napa Valley - Bring lots of cash!”

Wine Country Tour Shuttle
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Country Tour Shuttle, with its Super High 94% TripAdvisor Rating Score operates from San Francisco to either Napa or Sonoma. We encourage wine lovers to go on both our Wine Country Tours because the different wine regions are so uniquely different. Our Napa Experience Tour visits 4 wineries and has a picnic lunch and a 50-minute relaxing ferry cruise included. See the reviews below to see how well the picnic lunch and the ferry cruise is so well received. The Sonoma Experience Tour (local favorite tour) is new for us and has great reviews below because we picked 2 fantastic wineries, plus we put together a walking map of Sonoma square where guests can get one free pour at each location. Wine Country Tour Shuttle received the 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The overall info and history of the Napa Valley was very interesting! I love getting all the history I can when I visit an area. The tasting fees were a little off. The booking stating that the tour included tasting fees at one of the wineries, but we had to pay separately at every one, so that was disappointing. Also, we were put on a different ferry, so the 50 minute ride was only 30 minutes. We would have enjoyed the longer ferry ride. Overall it was okay. I would have enjoyed maybe fewer wineries, but visiting more wineries that offered a full tour of their wine-,aking process, not just a quick tasting and a sales pitch. Also we would have enjoyed wineries where you can buy a bottle or a glass and drink it there on a patio.

4  Thank TwinsDad76

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Took the Robert Mondavi tour on a Monday morning. Our driver Phil was very entertaining, kept the mood light, and was very informational. The shuttle was less then a shuttle and more like a bus. It was larger than expected and was full with 44 guests. The website made it seem like they take very small groups/shuttles to these wineries. The shuttle's windows were also very foggy that morning leaving the viewing from the windows less than desirable(in order to clear the windows, the temperature was lowered to almost freezing.) By the time we got to Robert Mondavi winery (our first stop) the fog had lifted and the tour was much more pleasant. Our tour went on without a hitch and the wineries we visited were all very nice, especially Robert Mondavi winery. The wine tastings were great. Lunch included in the tour was excellent. Ferry ride on the return trip was a nice touch and allowed us to see the city from the bay. Be prepared on the return trip...they do not make a bathroom break until the ferry (about an hour ride).

3  Thank jkartman1979
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Went on the Robert Mondavi your and truly had a wonderful experience. This was my first Napa Valley tour and was on my "must do" list got my first visit to San Francisco. I'd adamantly recommend this trip to anyone interested in wine however remotely.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I along with several friends took this tour and it was a fantastic tour. Our tour guide/driver Ken was very knowledgable and had great experiences and stories to share with the group. The shuttle bus was comfortable and even had power outlets to charge our devices (make sure the driver turns it on to use)...even with a small traffic delay our trip was not behind much and we as a group had the option of taking our time getting back. Our first wine stop (Mondavi) gave us a great view of the wine making process and storage areas along with a fine taste of 2 in my case 3 wines. Our second stop was the Andretti winery we had a nice lunch of sandwiches, pasta side and fruit along with 4 wine taste, one straight from the barrel. Our third stop was Folie a Deux/Menage a Trois, there we had 3 wine taste but no info given on the winery itself and last our final wine tour stop was Franciscan Estate winery, gorgeous winery and the guides there gave great history and information about their wines and winery..we tasted 3 wines there. After our departure from Napa Valley we headed over to the Ferry Terminal for our 50 minute boat cruise back to San Francisco...the ride was beautiful though windy and a bit chilly nonetheless gorgeous view of the Bay Bridge, Alcatraz and the City of San Francisco and from afar the Golden Gate Bridge. We had a terrific time and would highly recommend this tour to a first time wine tour guest. Enjoy and Cheers! Thank you Ken!

1  Thank jmariecarrion
Reviewed October 15, 2013

For our honeymoon, my wife's one request was to visit Napa Valley. We're glad we booked our tour through Wine Country Tour Shuttle. Our tour guide Phil was very knowledgeable and entertaining. He was also very punctual (which I also liked; it was a humorous recurring theme throughout the day). After crossing the Golden Gate bridge, we stopped shortly after to enjoy and capture the views in photos. Our first winery visited was Robert Mondavi. An impressive winery, to say the least. This tour included the tasting at Mondavi, so my wife and I enjoyed the 3 delicious samples. This was a bit shocking for me as I'm not what you would call a wine drinker; but the fume blanc changed that temporarily...LOL! Lunch was served at the next stop, the Mario Andretti winery. Nice Italian villa-style winery served as a great location to enjoy a meal. Three more wineries followed before boarding the ferry back to the Ferry Building. Phil kept the info (and humor) flowing throughout the tour. He made the trip interesting for me with the information he shared with us. Overall, I was very happy with this tour and highly recommend it.

3  Thank sad1170