“Napa wine tour”

Wine Country Tour Shuttle
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Country Tour Shuttle, with its Super High 94% TripAdvisor Rating Score operates from San Francisco to either Napa or Sonoma. We encourage wine lovers to go on both our Wine Country Tours because the different wine regions are so uniquely different. Our Napa Experience Tour visits 4 wineries and has a picnic lunch and a 50-minute relaxing ferry cruise included. See the reviews below to see how well the picnic lunch and the ferry cruise is so well received. The Sonoma Experience Tour (local favorite tour) is new for us and has great reviews below because we picked 2 fantastic wineries, plus we put together a walking map of Sonoma square where guests can get one free pour at each location. Wine Country Tour Shuttle received the 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Awesome experience with great tour guide with knowledge of local events and points of interest. Only thing was if you didn't pay your $10.00 each for the wine tasting you could not join your group at one vineyard only which was Whitehall, so be prepared & stay in the bus. Otherwise would recommend this tour to everyone. Enjoy.

1  Thank Shasza333

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My fiancé and I did the tour on 6/28/13 and we were extremely pleased! The weather was perfect, the staff was great, and most of all the wine was fabulous. Above all the Robert Mondavi tour was exceptional! This tour was the most interesting and knowledgeable experience for us. We would definitely recommend doing this. If we’re back in the San Francisco / Napa area we’ll 100% do the tour again!

P.s…prepare yourself for the ferry back…it’s a speed ferry, so hold on! :)

1  Thank AmaliaP675
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I researched wine tours prior to our vacation and booked this one since it looked more intiment, included a ferry ride and had an equivicable price point to others. We signed up for the Robert Mondavi tour with 3 other wineries and went Sunday, June 30th. Lunch at Andretti was a simple, but nice, make your own sandwhich buffet and really hit the spot. A little upset with the size of the bus, as the website leads you to believe it is much smaller- we had 33 folks with room for more. Additionally, the AC didnt work well either and I found myself sweating and uncomfortable. I'm glad we picked Mondavi since this winery was the best by far and also gave us a tour. The other wineries were simply not even close to Mondavi and I found myself dumping out tasting after tasting after starting out on such a high note. I actually ended the tour completely sober. We would have been disappointed in the whole day if we hadn't chosen the Mondavi tour. It cost extra for this tour, but I highly recommend it. The saving grace on this tour was our guide Phillip as he did a fantastic job! Plenty of narration the entire trip (he's like wikipedia, but in human form), educated us on wines and kept us perfectly on time.

5  Thank Cleveland88
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Counting the moments until I can get off this tour. Small shuttles promised and website refers to being better than large impersonal buses with as many as 55 people. We have at least 49. Website promises comfortable temps. It must be 90 on the bus. Driver started the morning complaining we were on the bus 15 minutes late but we were right on time according to website. He made several comments about maybe not making the ferry which was one of the main reasons we chose this tour. Too little time at wineries and only one actual tour. Annoying driver. All in all, not nearly what was promised or expected. Looks like we made the ferry in time. Much cooler off the bus than on.

6  Thank travelfan2232
sftourmanager, General Manager at Wine Country Tour Shuttle, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We thank you for your posting. We got the Air Conditioned fixed and we can now freeze meat in that shuttle you took. We are a proud recipient of the 2013 Certificate of Excellence Award from TripAdvisor. Thank you to all customers who have given us rave reviews this year!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I took the Napa Valley wine tour while we were staying in San Fransisco. We met at 8:15 outside the Ferry Building and Phil our driver took us to the bus. The bus holds about 20 and we had a great group of all ages.
Phil proved to be a great guide and very informative about the wine and the whole area. The coach stopped at the Golden Gate Bridge to enable us to take photos and we arrived at our first of 4 vineyards at around 10:00am.
You pay $10 per person at each vineyard for the tasting, but you can if you wish share and only pay for one. At the first vineyard we were offered 3 wines, at the 2nd 6 at the third 4 and 3 at the last one. It pays to share as you can consume quite a lot over the space of 5 hours. Lunch is provided at one of the vineyards. We had ours at Mario Andretti (the ex racing drivers) vineyard and it was more than we had expected with a selection of meats, cheeses, breads and salads.
We finally returned across the bay to San Fransisco by high speed catamaran arriving back at 5pm.
Phil was an excellent guide and host throughout the whole trip and I can't praise him highly enough.
If you are into wine and want to try some quite expensive local wine then this is the trip for you. Well worth the money and I would have no hesitation in recommending that you give it try.

4  Thank PeterMirfield