“Can't wait for my next wine tour !”

Wine Country Tour Shuttle
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Country Tour Shuttle, with its Super High 94% TripAdvisor Rating Score operates from San Francisco to either Napa or Sonoma. We encourage wine lovers to go on both our Wine Country Tours because the different wine regions are so uniquely different. Our Napa Experience Tour visits 4 wineries and has a picnic lunch and a 50-minute relaxing ferry cruise included. See the reviews below to see how well the picnic lunch and the ferry cruise is so well received. The Sonoma Experience Tour (local favorite tour) is new for us and has great reviews below because we picked 2 fantastic wineries, plus we put together a walking map of Sonoma square where guests can get one free pour at each location. Wine Country Tour Shuttle received the 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was a first experience for my boyfriend and I. I loved it. I wish we could have more time to visit more estates but still worth it. Our bus driver Phillip was awesome ! He had people on the bus laughing, helping us take pictures, he felt like a friend that I have known for a while. I have been on other tours and at times the guides take their job too seriously and forget to loosen up just a little. Overall my boyfriend and I are very content on how this trip went, learned new facts, and saw new places. Defiantly won't be our last.

1  Thank Linacastro4

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I surprised my wife and took her on this tour for Valentines Day. We had a GREAT time! Our group wasn't too big, which made it a great way to make friends. Our tour guide, Phillip, was very entertaining. He knew everyone's name by the middle of our tour, and made the whole experience fun. Every winery we went to was top notch, and the staff at each one were very accommodating.
If we ever make back up here, I will deffinetally be doing this again!

1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is an easy way to get a nice tour of the Napa wine country. Not being wine connoisseurs, and just looking for a way to get a feel for Napa and the wines, this was a good choice for us.

The morning starts with a ride across the Golden Gate bridge, with a quick stop for a few camera shots. There are four winery stops. Each winery is unique – in look and character. We got to sample 3 wines at one stop (the least) and 6 at another (the most). Be aware that the wine sampling adds another $10 per person who wants to sample. If you do buy wine, the sampling fee is waived – and most people on our tour purchased something somewhere. Wines varied in price from around $15- $50 per bottle depending on type and winery. The samples are small, and only at one stop did we get to select which wines we wanted to sample. Lunch was simple, but nice that it was included. The ride back on the ferry was a nice way to end the day.

Our guide Phillip was great and did a nice job mixing wine information along with local tales. Our group got along well, which also added to the day. We did this tour during slow season, so we were pretty much the only ones at each stop, so I’m sure this would not be the experience during peak season.

5  Thank Eileen V
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I thought the selection of wineries was great. They gave us enough time at each place to have a few tastes and buy whatever we wanted to. I hadn't been on a wine tour before and would definitely prefer going on my own just so the pourings aren't as busy.

Our bus also broke down and we lost about an hour sure to this...

2  Thank jenjen1980_11
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our guide, Philip was very personable and extremely knowledgeable on the history of San Fransico and Napa Valley wineries. A very comfortable and clean shuttle tour bus picks you up at the Ferry building in San Fransico. (arrive an hour early, so you can shop the the farmers market and buy snacks for the trip). Enjoyable drive to Napa listening to interesting facts along the way. Plenty of bathroom breaks if needed and/or photo stop. V. Sattui is a must stop for any wine tour! By far the best winery with a wonderful Italian deli inside the winery and wonderful wines! It is hard to decide between the delicious cheeses, meats, salads, desserts and some of the best tasting wines! Plan your time wisely. They are very generous on their pours and will often pour other samples if asked. 4 wineries visited and lunch on this tour and then a ferry boat ride back to San Fran. Nice views of the city, bridges, Alcatraz if you have good weather. The one winery that I could have done without was, Fransican. Only three tastings for 10$ and was not very good at that.

4  Thank Diana H