“Great Little Neighborhood Restaurant”
Review of La Boulange de Fillmore - CLOSED

La Boulange de Fillmore
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: La Boulange Café & Bakery was shaped by taking the French traditions of our mother bakery on Pine Street in San Francisco mixed with an offering of fantastic brunches and healthful lunches. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with homemade specialties that are baked fresh every day. Our passion is to bring a little piece of France to your neighborhood!
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The food was fresh and delicious. This chain feels like a one of a kind jewel. My beet salad was fresh and the bean soup was lovely and not overly salted. Would recommend this restaurant for a cup of coffee, breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

They have awesome sandwiches, and the place did steady business even at 3 in the afternoon. Everyone really liked their sandwiches, and the homemade chips with herbs d' Provence were excellent. They had free samples of a few of their pastries, so we picked up a few to bring back to our hotel for breakfast. The chocolate hazelnut danish had really good flavor, and the lemon pastry was one of the best I'd ever had. Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

If French bakery cafes are more your style, try La Boulange Bakery. It's a chain with locations throughout the city, though I've only been to the Fillmore location. It has two levels, plus a few coveted outdoor tables.

The menu here contains fresh salads, pastries and sandwiches. During my visit, I tried an open faced hummus and veggie sandwich paired with a fresh side salad. Makes sense to eat something light so you can indulge in a pastry as well, right? If your lunchtime mantra is anything like mine, then you’re in luck, because there are plenty of tempting treats here worth trying.

Also unique? Homemade jams are made here in-house. I brought home a homemade strawberry-rhubarb jam on a recent trip, much to the delight of my roommates.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We ordered a beautiful looking sticky bun and were quite disappointed. Was quite disappointing. The bread whole wheat/multi was excellent. Service was poor. We had to ask for our order.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stopped in for a pastry after having a great lunch at Sotto Mare. It reminded me of Paris with its very good selection of pastries. I had the lemon turnover ($2.75) and it was very good with a creamy lemon flavor. The place is large and was very busy. I liked La Boulange and wished I had time to go back again.