“A chain that doesn't feel like a chain!”
Review of La Boulange de Fillmore - CLOSED

La Boulange de Fillmore
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: La Boulange Café & Bakery was shaped by taking the French traditions of our mother bakery on Pine Street in San Francisco mixed with an offering of fantastic brunches and healthful lunches. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with homemade specialties that are baked fresh every day. Our passion is to bring a little piece of France to your neighborhood!
Boston, Massachusetts
“A chain that doesn't feel like a chain!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

If French bakery cafes are more your style, try La Boulange Bakery. It's a chain with locations throughout the city, though I've only been to the Fillmore location. It has two levels, plus a few coveted outdoor tables.

The menu here contains fresh salads, pastries and sandwiches. During my visit, I tried an open faced hummus and veggie sandwich paired with a fresh side salad. Makes sense to eat something light so you can indulge in a pastry as well, right? If your lunchtime mantra is anything like mine, then you’re in luck, because there are plenty of tempting treats here worth trying.

Also unique? Homemade jams are made here in-house. I brought home a homemade strawberry-rhubarb jam on a recent trip, much to the delight of my roommates.

• Visited June 2011

Lindenhurst, Illinois
“Only Ok.. Had the sticky bun and whole wheat bread.. service was poor”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We ordered a beautiful looking sticky bun and were quite disappointed. Was quite disappointing. The bread whole wheat/multi was excellent. Service was poor. We had to ask for our order.

• Visited April 2012
California
“A bit of Paris in San Francisco, tres bien!”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stopped in for a pastry after having a great lunch at Sotto Mare. It reminded me of Paris with its very good selection of pastries. I had the lemon turnover ($2.75) and it was very good with a creamy lemon flavor. The place is large and was very busy. I liked La Boulange and wished I had time to go back again.

• Visited September 2011
Dallas
“Yummy cafe in North Beach/Little Italy!”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We just happened to have breakfast at La Boulange Cafe after finding out Mama's on Washington Square is closed on Mondays (very disappointed). However, La Boulange was very good. I ordered French Toast and it was very yummy. All of my friends really enjoyed their breakfast food as well. This is a cute little place in North Beach.

• Visited August 2011
TN
“Exactly what we were looking for”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We've been walking around San Francisco for a couple of days and have tried several different cafes. This is one of the best things we have found while in San Francisco. Maybe a bit off of the beaten path but great prices and excellent French cuisine.