“I wish could give 0 stars ”
Review of Kam Lok Restaurant

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

Bad food
Bad service
Worse setting

One of the worst Chinese restaurant I have seen in my life

Don't go there

Reviewed September 20, 2017

I am not kidding, this is the best Chinese restaurant in SF for the price! I am Chinese and have eaten plenty of Chinese food around the world. We happened to just walked by and saw the sign posting a crab set meal for $45. I couldn't believe my eyes so I asked my husband to go down the basement and find out how many people this set will feed. He came back up and said let's go, it's good for the five of us. Not only the price was right, the food was exceptionally tasty and delicious. The crab was as fresh as can be. All the dishes came out steaming hot. Even the fried rice was full of flavor. We enjoyed it so much that if we were staying there another night we would have gone back for more. Unfortunately we were leaving town right after lunch that day. Nothing fancy, old decor, but decent service. Most customers were local residents which tells a lot of their authenticity. They even validated our parking ticket at the Portsmouth Square parking lot for two hours. What an excellent deal! I am sure we will be back if we visit SF again in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

You walk down the steps - It's the best food in China Town. When I have friends in town I always take them to Kam Lok Seafood Restaurant. They have really great lunch specials. And if it's dinner order the dinner meals with 5 to 6 items. It's not fancy and it looks not the best but the food is the best in China town. A very good value!!!!!
It's the real thing!

Reviewed February 3, 2017

Very authentic Chinese food, at a great price. Service was very fast and accommodating as well! The place looks like a little sketch but don't let that fool you. I'm not in it for the ambience!

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I ate there 3 times during our 5 days holiday in SFO.

The place is small and patronised by the local elderly Chinese. It looks like it is in Hong Kong or Guangzhou. It is advisable to be there by 7.30pm as it get crowded after that.

The Cantonese food we ate like Claypot pig trotter, lamb and catfish were super so are the steamed chicken, lobster watercress soup. Prices are very reasonable unlike Fisherman's Wharf.