“Huge sandwiches, great prices”
Review of Ike's Place

Ike's Place
Ranked #47 of 5,939 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Went to Ike's today where I had a Hot Momma Huda and my girlfriend had a "I'll be home for thanksgiving" sandwich. In a word - delicious! Very big sandwiches with flavour that packs a punch! Really well priced and the free lollipop and bag of chips was a nice touch too. Only downsides - no place to sit in the restaurant and the sheer size of the sandwich makes them a wee bit messy (although they are wrapped so well, cut in half and made as easy to eat as possible). Great job Ike.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were recommended by a friend and we went to Ikes for a sandwich, don't let the look of it fool you.
Absolutely the best sandwich I have ever had, I will visit Ikes every time I go to SanFran :)

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Had the hot momma huda on gluten free, was super yummy, unfortunately I dropped half of my sandwich on the ground, looking forward to trying this again next time I'm in town.

1  Thank fyz2207
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm going to be honest here, I've known a lot of people who have come here and have highly recommended that I come here and try it. So finally I did and was quite disappointed. I got the Matt Cain and had high hopes that it would be great seeing as how many people have recommended it. I got it on Dutch crunch bread with pickles and banana peppers. When I opened the sandwich there was hardly any meat in the sandwich. In the Matt Cain there's supposed to be salami, roast beef and turkey with provolone cheese. (See picture). So get this there was those meats in there but hardly any of it. Real skimpy. More lettuce than anything else. At $10 a sandwich you have got to be kidding me. I could get a $5 footlong from subway that had more meat in it (and as anyone knows, subway hardly gives you any meat). Based on other pictures I've seen of the Matt Cain sandwich I'm hoping they may have just made a mistake...maybe? The only positives of the sandwich was the godfather sauce and the Dutch crunch bread. Other than that, it does not warrant a $10 price tag along with a half hour wait in line. Maybe I'll give them a second chance one of these days.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We spotted Ike's Place on Trip Advisor when preparing months in advance for our 27-day fly drive tour across the USA and headed for it when we were in San Francisco. $11 each for a torpedo roll may sound a bit expensive - but hold on. Your 'snack' is a full blown feast of whatever you decide to fill it with....plus we both got a bag of Crisps and a Toffee Apple Lolly included in the price! My wife described this as "a meal within a roll" and she not losing weight either!