“Top notch”

Neighborhood: The Castro
West Milford, New Jersey
“Top notch”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Awesome little pop up, kinda shop in the Castro district. The sandwiches are top notch, probably some of the best in San Fran. Don't expect anything fancy when you come to Ike's, it pretty much looks like a small warehouse with maybe 1 or 2 tiny tables that serve no purpose, cause really? Just take the Sammy outside and people watch....

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank aRedLetterLife

• Korean first
Bewdley, United Kingdom
“Options”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was a bit wary about eating from here having seen some recent reviews.

Yes, it's away from the city centre - I walked to build up an appetite. Yes there's no seating and yes the menu does not show all their sandwiches.

I asked the server what I didn't know and got a great sandwich which I ate away from the shop.

It wasn't the Man Vs Food Experience, but still a great sandwich.

1 Thank StevieB3052
Paris, France
“Great sandwiches”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The sandwiches are great (as per other reviews!), the service is quite efficient (the back room looks a bit like a sandwich assembly line) and friendly (especially given the queues) and there are some nice touches like a choice of a free bag of chips and a lollypop!

I had the Paul Reubens (about $10) which was very satisfying (if a bit difficult to digest!)

Kettering
“You'll Be Disappointed If You're Expecting What Was On Man vs Food”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

it is a tiny little shop, quite a way from the city center, there is no outside seating as seen on the TV show, so you'll need to find your own place to eat.
We had the Matt Cain and the best I can say is it was ok, unless you're staying nearby I wouldn't bother.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“If you love snadwiches this is the place for you!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We decided to go to Ike's after seeing it on Man V food. We had to travel about 30 minutes on the tram from our accomodation to here but it was so worth it!
We ordered the Matt Cain and Sabrina's smile and waited about 10 minutes for them to arrive. I asked the server the best place to eat them as there are no seats in the shop and she directed me to a park about 2 blocks away which was perfect for us.
The sandwiches were so tasty and incredibly filling - we didn't eat again for the rest of the day!
An absolute must if visiting San Fran.

• Visited April 2012