“A Wonderful Experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mission District
Cross street: At Bartlett between Mission and Valencia
Description: Lolo was designed by Lorena Zertuche using many recycled materials. It was our attempt to create an environment that is fun and without pretention. We strive to take common ideas from all around the world and give them a playful and delicious new perspective. We have a lot of fun bringing together the culinary traditions of Mexico and Turkey.
Memphis, Tennessee
“A Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Lolo. The menu was eclectic--the Mexican influenced dishes we expected, but then there were the lamb sliders with mushroom sauce beckoning us! Our waiter recommended these, so we had them, following the tuna tacon and the gorditas! Feeling the need for something green, we had first ordered the Caesar salad and it, too, was outstanding. Perfectly crisp lettuce, whole anchovies and big curls of Parmesan cheese--along with the wonderful addition of some perfectly ripened avocado slices. Lolo is at the top of my list to recommend for people visiting SF. We'll go back for sure!

• Visited November 2013

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Top Tapas”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Our first night in San Fran was capped by a wonderful tapas meal at Lolo. A nice stroll through the Mission district led us there, and although they had no space, we were offered seating either outside or at the bar. We sat outside, and were attended to promptly. The food was quite exceptional, with the highlight a panko crumbed prawn burrito with a tropical salsa and their beef tacos. It was a touch on the pricey side, but the quality more than matched the price tag. A winner.

Visited September 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Cozy Lolo”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This place offers a very interesting mix of mexican/spanish fusion like tapas. We found it due to its great reviews, and as we didn't have a reservation we were seated outside under the heating lamps. Our waitress was very nice and natural from the first moment and honest enough to tell us the place isn't famous for its wine list (I was craving red wine), but ended up serving us a pretty good Tempranillo from Rioja. We had a hard time deciding what tapas to choose as the variety of plates all seem delicious. In the end we had three tastes (each of the cost of between 8 and 11$) and the food came quickly. Quickly we also realized how small the plates are, this how expensive this place is.

The only thing (and its a pretty important thing) we can put our finger on for Lolo is that the value is bad. We ordered two more plates (the ceviche is amazing by the way!!) and ended up paying 65$ (only had one glass of wine).

It may be the fresh ingredients or the location, but still: this is the most expensive dinner we've had considering how low key and quick the place is.

They have a cocktail bar inside that we didn't check out, but I do think its a good place for some tapas between friends and a small more party, rather than a tasteful dinner for two.

• Visited September 2013
Toronto
“Loved this place...”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This place was so fabulous. Loved the food, loved the decor, loved the good-looking bartenders and got a kick of out the bill being brought in a miniature boot.

Amazing value for money. When you sit down they bring you three salsas and homemade (I think) nachos for dipping.

I ordered a cafe con leche i.e. a cafe au lait, and they brought me a normal coffee with milk. No matter, they use a french press to make the coffee so it was still good - I didn't see an espresso maker but I'd hate to say they don't have one in case I missed it.

Anyhow, I ordered the Tinga Torta and it was sublime. One of the best things I ate in San Fran and the highlight of my little adventure in the Mission.

There're lots of great taqueros in the Mission but this place really brought it up a notch. It's super cute, laid back, very classy and most importantly, has excellent food. Well done guys.

• Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great selection of foods”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

It was our first time here, while visiting San Francisco, and the atmosphere is great. We met a good friend and she picked a great place. The tuna tacos were delicious. By far my favorite choice. Next time in the area I will head back.

• Visited August 2013