New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Pat's Cafe
Ranked #51 of 5,492 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Chestnut St
Transit: Mason-Taylor Cable Car Bus Lines 30, 8,
Description: Charming neighborhood restaurant serving AWESOME American style cooking. We are located on Taylor Street, the Mason Taylor Cable Car rolls down Taylor Street where it turns around and goes back to Union Square. Check out our web site www.PatsCafe.Com, also check our reviews on Trip Advisor and Yelp - they like us. Every evening we have a dinner special.
Edmonds, Washington
“A great find only a block from Fisherman's Wharf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you're looking for quality, quiet and cozy, just walk a block East on Taylor to Pat's Cafe. It's a family friendly, clean and bright cafe with beautiful art on the walls and fresh, delicious food on your plate. I had the veggie burger with mushrooms and a generous portion of fresh greens and balsamic vinegar dressing. They have espresso! The music is also pretty perfect, not too loud and from the 40's, 50's and 60's. I took my family back the next day.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank celticgypsy

LoveMan
“Homemade corned beef hash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Columbus Ave. slices a diagonal cut across the upper right tip of the SF peninsula, running from Fisherman's Wharf down to the financial district. The diagonal creates magical, oddly angled intersections--pie-shaped wedges, some fat some thin. You never know what little gems you're going to miss if you don't turn a corner. Pat's is one of those gems. Colored like some Jamaican boat (serving American food), it's a clean, cute diner with playful art on the walls and an easy mix of tunes floating out of the speakers. (Ed Sheeran was crooning "A Team" as I left; Lady Antebellum was playing "Need You Know" when I snapped the pic of the homemade chunks of corned beef hash & over-easy eggs & sourdough toast & coffee--all dee-lish.)

I sat in the window, where I noticed all the big, obvious things that are normally invisible to me, things that paint San Francisco in my subconscious: the steel skeleton back of a billboard; veins of power lines cutting across painted-lady buildings and palm trees growing out of the sidewalk; the magic of cars, bikes, buses, cable cars navigating the tricky, tilted intersections; a chubby, Latino man walking his Yorkie; the metal sidewalk cover of the hidden elevator that lets you load supplies into the basement.

A painted, wooden image of Pat herself was smiling back at me from the sidewalk, silently assuring me I'd made the right choice. I knew I had to leave soon to go work in some hotel conference room. But right then, I was happy.

• Visited November 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great food in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Tasty, different, local art on the walls, cool vibe, across from the cable car - will go back in a heartbeat!

Visited June 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great place for breakfast or brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Pat's was a small place across Columbus from the motel. It had a variety of breakfast dishes and good selection of coffees.

Visited October 2013
Adelaide, South Australia
“Yum, yum, yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and i were staying in a hotel around the corner from this place and we decided to have a Saturday morning breakfast due to reviews on TA. We weren't disappointed. The food was amazing, the service was excellent and the atmosphere was great. We had eggs benedict and it was beautiful. I was sooo full. Would definitely recommend this place, but get there early because it is packed out.

• Visited October 2013