“Surprising gem”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Chestnut St
Transit: Mason-Taylor Cable Car Bus Lines 30, 8,
Description: Charming neighborhood restaurant serving AWESOME American style cooking. We are located on Taylor Street, the Mason Taylor Cable Car rolls down Taylor Street where it turns around and goes back to Union Square. Check out our web site www.PatsCafe.Com, also check our reviews on Trip Advisor and Yelp - they like us. Every evening we have a dinner special.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were meandering around, got hungry and stopped in at Pat's Cafe. We each had the Greek Salad, one with tuna added and the other with chicken, and we each also had a glass of wine. The salad was great and the wine was very good, very smooth. Didn't know what to expect when we entered and now we recommend it to friends. As to the atmosphere, though it's a small place and simply furnished, there is artwork by various artists displayed on the walls which is fun to look at.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Ranked 42 of 4302 restaurants in San Fran? I don't think so. It's a decent place though located a half block from where we were staying and about 4 blocks from the wharf and Pier 45. You know how most restaurants use Texas Toast bread for their French Toast? Pat's uses what appears to be actual French bread. Eggs were cooked as requested. Very good coffee. We visited about 9:30 am and we didn't see any evidence of crowds.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a lovely place for breakfast. The atmosphere is great, the food is fresh and tasty and generous portions to start your day of sightseeing off right.
One street over from Columbus Motor Inn where we stayed.
Truly enjoyed breakfast at this neighborhood cafe.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Our hotel was within 5 minutes walk from Pat's Café and we decided to give it a try. We liked their omelettes the stuff was friendly and the prices were reasonable. We even liked one of the pictures on the wall by a street artist so much that we bought it. Something I would have never expected from myself or my wife. When the next night we were debating where to go for breakfast tomorrow we both agreed that Pet' Café was worth a second try. Many Italian restaurants in the area either don't serve breakfast or open at 10am or later and we didn't want to wait until then. On our second breakfast I tried a different omelette which was very good again and my wife had an oatmeal. All in all we thought this was ideal place to have a breakfast in this area.

1  Thank europetraveler39
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Small local cafe on Taylor street within easy walk of most of the hotels. Very friendly staff seated me quickly and offered coffee. The menu offered excellent breakfast choices. I did not stck to the menu but had an omelet made as I requested. The food was excellent and the waitstaff very friendly.
I would definitely return.