“Total Yosemite experience”

Book In Advance
More Info
$313.00*
and up
2-Day Semi-Guided Tour of Yosemite National Park...
Ranked #34 of 120 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Extranomical Tours is an independent San Francisco sightseeing tour company that specializes in small group tours to Yosemite, Muir Woods, Wine Country & around San Francisco. Due to the small size of our groups, our tours offer a distinct "traveling with friends" feel and can visit locations that larger tour buses cannot, like the Giant Sequoia Grove on our 1-day Yosemite Tour from San Francisco or small family-owned boutique wineries. We are fully insured and licensed by the State of California authorities. We train our guides one-on-one to make sure that they are knowledgeable, courteous and most of all, safe. We carefully select the locations we explore on our tours to maximize your time and allowing you to see the best local sights. We pride ourselves on maintaining an adventurous, yet easy-going atmosphere.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This tour was excellent and the tour guide Andy was very knowledgable. He provided us with tidbits of information that many tour guides would not know. The tour bus was semi-comfortable and the guide monitored the climate control. Yosemite is a great park and the crowds were not too bad. March is a good time to see active waterfalls because the snow is still melting. Andy even gave us a treat on the way home and showed us the light show on the Golden Gate. It's probably hard to see Yosemite in one day but if your pressed for time this tour is a great idea.

1  Thank Tibby H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,061)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"photo stops"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I did this tour in February and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Our guide Hugo was very friendly with lots of information about the region and sights along the way.

Unfortunately it started raining as we were getting to Muir Woods but Hugo provided us with umbrellas. He got us to Muir Woods before a lot of the big busses/crowds started which was great!

The wineries were all pretty good but Cline Cellars was our favourite - awesome selection and friendly staff!

During our lunch time stop in Sonoma Square, we chose Mary's Pizza Shack - the pizza was delish and the wine flutes were a good way to sample more from the region.

On the way back to San Fran Hugo took us up to a lookout for some fantastic views of the Golden Gate Bridge - the sun was out again and we took some of our favourite photos from our trip. A pretty perfect day out!

2  Thank brisamanda
Reviewed March 15, 2013

After reviewing the weather for our week, we contacted Extranomical for our 1 day Yosemite tour. We got the perfect day! Clear sky and beautiful views. We were picked up as promised at our wharf area hotel and were glad that Ben did the driving. Ben was our relaxed tour guide that made the day relaxing. We traveled a few hours and caught our snacks and lunch at a grocery store. Several fast food places available nearby too. Bathroom breaks along the way were welcomed. Once in Yosemite he let the bus stop at panoramic views for the picture perfect views. We weren't ever rushed on our photo stops. I couldn't have had better stops. We caught pictures going in and coming out with different light, perfect shots every time!
Once we reached the village, we were glad that we purchased our lunch at the supermarket, as a hamburger and fries was about $14 for lunch. Our guide gave us hiking plans and options. We even caught the visitor center movie in the theatre. The hike to the falls was very beautiful. We set the camera up for some timed pictures to get the whole family in the woods.
We all appreciated not driving from SF for the day!

4  Thank MauraTravels2012
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's not a very good tour among the tours I have joined for several years. There are so many points I hope they can improve. First of all, the driver didn't double confirm with the ppl who got on the bus.
This which caused a delay in the trip which the driver whose name was Rowan rushed everything.
Secondly, our pick up return time was suppose to be at 3pm, however at 3pm there was no sign of the bus which therefore we had to call to know what was going on. Our return time was delayed to 3.45, no one made an effort, I checked my email and nothing, no effort was made. Why should we compromise our time when we paid double the price of one day bus tourists. When the tour is exactly the same apart from the stop over which we paid for our own 2 night of stay in Yosemite.

1  Thank Dabby1109p
Extranomical, Manager at Extranomical Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

We apologize for any delay that occurred during your tour. I would like to look into this matter further so that I have a chance to respond to your experience and review. I would appreciate if you could you provide me your confirmation number, or your full name and date of the tour, in order to investigate this matter further.

We want to make certain that your concerns are addressed. Please respond to me directly at contact@extranomical.com and I will personally look into this matter.

Please accept my sincerest apology and I look forward to hearing back from you with more details.

Extranomical Management

See more reviews
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I took the Muir Woods AM tour last month. It is cheaper than the "Expedition" tour and billed as having less time in Muir Woods, likely a tactic to get customers to choose the pricier Expedition tour. However, we had more than enough time (approx. 1 hour 45 minutes) to explore Muir Woods on a beautiful 60 degree day in February! Our tour guide, Andy, went above and beyond the entire time, making an effort to remember everyone's name (10 people on our tour), and engage everyone in conversation. We had an hour to explore Sausalito, and on the way back Andy made a brief stop at Hawks Hill so we could take great photos of the Golden Gate Bridge (this was an extra stop not advertised in the tour description). He also drove us through a neighborhood of high end homes that is not a usual path taken by other tours. I am so glad I booked this tour during my short leisure time on a business trip!

2  Thank DCginger01