“Great food and atmosphere!”

Wipeout Bar & Grill
Ranked #105 of 5,866 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Description: Wipeout Bar & Grill is San Francisco Bay Area's wildly popular surfing restaurant and sports bar. With a wide-open patio and outdoor bar, roaring fire pit, celebrity-signed surfboards and world-famous beach signs, Wipeout Bar & Grill is San Francisco's killer hangout spot. Enjoy flame-grilled burgers, hand-tossed pizzas, fresh salads, tacos and burritos while watching your favorite game on the 70" projection screen TV.
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had margueritas that were excellent, chili cheese fries that I craved the rest of the week and awesome calamari!
The atmosphere was fun and the music was great!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed December 25, 2012

This place had fun upbeat decor and it was quite busy when we arrived, the seemed to be a little short staffed but nothing went wrong and manager or owner was clearly present and helping, which is always nice to see.
Our server wasn't great didn't really make much conversation kind of just waited for us to do the talking and ordering.
The food was quick and huge portions.
It was also delicious, definatly what we needed after our long day:)

Reviewed December 15, 2012

My friend chose this place because he wanted Fish Tacos and this place just happened to have them on the menu, although most places in San Fran offer them. Located in the already tourist filled Pier 39, this place catered to younger people with its "way-cool" surf theme. I knew just from the looks of the place it would be a letdown. The perk of the place was that at the time, the Giants were in the playoffs and the game was on so they place was rocking as the Giants poured on the points. The service was extremely slow, waited about 12 minutes before we received drinks, if you work in the restaurant industry as I have, you know that this should never be the case. They talk up their garlic fries on the menu and they are absolutely nothing special, the fries are basically McDonalds fries, thin cut trash. I ordered the fish tacos and they were bland, boring, and nothing to write home about. It had the feel of a chain restaurant, it reminded me of Applebees with a surfing theme. I would never go there again, and recommend you try to avoid it as that area of San Fran has many better options in just short walking distance.

1  Thank madtv261
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We went here on our last night in San Francisco. "Beachy" decor (think Margaritaville) worried me a bit, but the food was good. Windows by the bay so we could watch the sunset. Menu featured lots of choices - pizza, tacos, fried fishes, bowls, burgers, salads - so there is truly something for everyone.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Visited with our teenage sons. Meals generous proportions, nicely presented, good value in great location. Dined outside - comfortable temps with heaters, indoor dining available also.