“YUMMY!!!”

Fog Harbor Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Fog Harbor Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Embarcadero
Transit: F-line,10 & 15 stops right in front of PIER 39. BART: 510.465.2278 MUNI & Cable Cars: 415.673.6864 Alameda/Oakland Ferry: 510.522.3300 Vallejo Ferry: 415.705.5444 Sausalito & Tiburon Ferry: 415.705.5444
Description: It has been said that "no visit to San Francisco is complete without a meal at Fog Harbor Fish House!" Fog Harbor Fish House offers the quintessential San Francisco waterfront dining experience and was the first 100% sustainable seafood restaurant in Fisherman's Wharf. The classic, cozy dining room features award-winning panoramic views of the Golden Gat Bridge and Alcatraz. Owned and operated by the Simmons Family, the founding family of PIER 39, you'll meet a member of the family when you dine!
Reviewed October 13, 2013

After a 13 hour flight to San Francisco, we wanted an early, speedy dinner and what better way to say hello San Francisco than eating some beautiful seafood.

We started with the chowder in sour dough which was so tasty and creamy. Best chowder I have ever eaten. We followed with a shrimp fettuccine and fish and chips. The batter on the fish was beautiful and crispy while the fettuccine was wonderfully spicy with the chorizo sausage.

Wonderful food, outstanding service and perfect location makes for a great early night out!!!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great food, considering that it could be a tourist trap given that it's on Pier 39 with a great view of the water and Golden Gate bridge. Food was excellent, excellent service. Parking, of course is rough but you get a free hour of validated parking. It's expensive but given where it is, the price is right.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The food was good but not excellent. I did have a very good pacific sole. The reason to go to this restaurant is the view and service so try to go early and ask for a window seat of the Golden Gate bridge and Alcatraz.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I dined at the Fog Harbor restaurant earlier this week with a business associate.

I am fussy with regard to restaurants and tend to be a little harsh in evaluating them. To my delight, I had one of the finest seafood meals I have had in a long time.

I am a fan of a chain of seafood restaurants based in Massachusetts (Legal Seafood). To my pleasant surprise, the quality of food, taste and preparation at Fog Harbor is equal to or greater than my favorite Massachusetts seafood chain, which I visit fairly often.

Aside from the splendid quality and taste of Fog Harbor food, the service was extraordinarily excellent. When our waiter asked us a question, I got the feeling the waiter cared about an answer. The waiter did not repeatedly return to our table asking the same question over and over, as is done at many similar restaurants (e.g., is everything okay?).

Without question, on my next trip to San Francisco, I shall make a point of visiting this restaurant again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

All our appetizers, drinks and meals were very tasty. Be ready to spend a bit more than some other places. Our wait staff was also spectacular.