“Best thing I did in SFO”
Review of Golden Gate Bridge

Guided Bike Tour Across the Golden Gate Bridge
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Stretching 4,200 feet and towering as high as a 65-story building, this well-known bridge is the gateway to San Francisco.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had a chance to walk the 1.7 miles across the Golden Gate Bridge. There was some reluctance amongst members in the party, however by the first tower, we knew we were doing something pretty special. The views were spectacular, the bridge up close is unbelievably grand, and the walk exhilarating! it was time well spent and the best one hour walk we had in SFO!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (40,436)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Went to see on a cool but clear December morning. View was amazing and felt awesome being there. One of the staff, Rick, the store/information area was super helpful and friendly in telling us some history of the area as well as answering bus questions for our return.
Go see the bridge folks, but dont jump!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Iconic and amazing are part of the emotions that viewing the Golden Gate Bridge emote. I have visited more than 40 countries and viewing the bridge is still a special feeling. In the fog or on a sunny day the bridge is still special. Seems strange writing about a man made structure the way I would Yosemite Valley or Antarctica. But it means I am back in San Francisco and the United States.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had a free afternoon October in San Francisco and decided to drive out to the Golden Gate Bridge. I drove across the Bridge and parked, and decided to walk out on the walkway across. Since it was a little chilly / windy, I only walked half way. I was glad I took the time, though. The view was beautiful and the bridge is an amazing engineering structure.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Walking or biking across the bridge is a must do if visiting San Francisco! Combine this with a trip to Crissy Field for a picnic or a cup of coffee at the Warming Hut, Fort Point, Land's End hike, and the Marin Headlands and you will have an awesome, truly San Francisco day. I live here and never get tired of visiting these spots. Just remember to watch the weather and dress warmly as the wind and fog can come barreling through the Gate.