“cycling from the ferry house to the bridge”
Review of Golden Gate Bridge

Golden Gate Bridge
Book In Advance
$55.00*
Bike the Golden Gate Bridge: San Francisco to Sausalito
$190.00*
and up
3-in-1 Ultimate Bay Area Package: Alcatraz Tour Including Muir Woods and San...
$55.00*
San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito Bike Tour
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Stretching 4,200 feet and towering as high as a 65-story building, this well-known bridge is the gateway to San Francisco.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We cycled with our own bikes from the ferry house to the Golden gate and from there to Sausalito, it was amazing, one of the best urban trips I had in my life. Its especially good for those who have only a day or two in SF since you see the city, the bridge, Alcatraz, Pier 39 and Sausalito in just a few hours. On the way back we took the ferry.

2  Thank odedk_12

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've been on a cruise that went under the bridge, and I've walked across it. It's honestly a gorgeous bridge with a gorgeous view. I wish I had been able to go during the day, but I was out there for work so I walked across with fog rolling in which is gorgeous itself. I wish I had been able to walk into Sausalito, but I was on limited time frame. It's amazing close up, far away, and even under the bridge. :) I definitely want to spend more time there. But beware, it's cold on the bridge - wear a jacket!

1  Thank bamabrowneyes2010
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I don't think it's possible to visit SF and not see this mammoth bridge! It is a nice sight...

I went over it with one of the tour bus companies, make sure you layer up! It gets very windy and freezing if you're on an open top bus!

It's a must see

1  Thank kierendaniel
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Disliked traffic! Walking, bikingg over bridge over-rated. Windy and chilly in summer. Wait till afternoon for best sights. After the fog has lifted.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We live in Sacramento but LOVE driving acrossed the Golden gate to get into the city. You can walk and rent bikes to go acrossed the bridge as well. It gets windy so dress in layers!