“What a thrill!”

Guided Bike Tour Across the Golden Gate Bridge
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Stretching 4,200 feet and towering as high as a 65-story building, this well-known bridge is the gateway to San Francisco.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm so pleased that not only did I get a chance to be on the Golden Gate bridge, I actually had the opportunity to drive across it (and back again at the end of my vacation in wine country).
The bridge is beautiful. As I was sitting in traffic, I had a lot of time to study it and marvel at the construction. Not to mention, the view is incredible. Lots and lots of people walking across the bridge and taking pictures.
The toll booth on the far side is a little difficult to navigate (cars heading in all directions as the concept of lanes goes out the window), but just watch carefully and try to go with the flow if you're a fellow tourist.

Write a ReviewReviews (40,404)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Traveling over the bridge, whether by wheels or feet, is something you will never forget. The trip is best when the weather cooperates with clear, blue skies. Walking can be fun, but remember to dress accordingly as the wind can be very strong. It is a beautiful bridge with views of the bay and the city that are more than photographic!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

So at first you think, "THE" golden gate bridge, which is really awesome but in all fairness unless you are an architect who builds bridges, or you have a fascination with bridges, it's just a bridge. I don't mean to sound ugly or mean in any way because I was very excited to get there ... then once I did. I was overwhelmed with the fact that there were children walking near cars driving 50 MPH and there's really not much else to do but soak in the view, which is beautiful but you need to filter out the horns beeping and traffic in the background. There are nice gardens below and a gift shop. However, if you're going for the view, I would suggest finding a nice spot away from the bridge, tourists and traffic so you can get views OF the bridge as well. Just please keep and eye on the kids and keep them safe and if you plan on walking the bridge, take something to drink!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a great cycling tour of San Francisco and down into Sausalito - it was not a difficult ride and any level could do this. However, there was road works on the Sausalito side of the GGB - if not an experienced rider, take the stairs. We ended up catching the Ferry back to Fishermans Wharf.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Cold temperatures and bracing winds prevailed in San Francisco on our visit but it didn't seem to bother us or any of the other thousand or so people visiting the Golden Gate Bridge with us! My wife has been here before but this was a first time thing for me and it was great! We visited the Bridge Gift and Information Shop and walked across the bridge or at least most of it. We took pictures to remember our trip by but frankly this engineering marvel will be etched in my mind forever. This was truly an exciting and rewarding day. Recommend you make this the first stop of your sightseeing day while you can still get parking by the bridge!