“A surprise!”

Ranked #25 of 558 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This superb collection of mechanical games and toys will entice people of all ages.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We wandered into this by chance and oh my goodness my teenagers LOVED it. Just a great way to spend an hour, and cheap fun. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I visited this with several sisters during a family reunion and it was one of the highlights of our visit! The variety of mechanical toys and antique arcade games was captivating. We shot videos and took tons of pictures and thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the games are quirky, some are creepy but all are genuinely fun. Allow at least a couple hours to try everything! Kids will love it.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We spent well over an hour here. My husband bested his Ms Pacman alltime record. My kids went fishing for gumballs. And I played a whole slew of player pianos. All in all, my kids and their cousins really enjoyed this choice. All kinds of antique automated machines, carnival games, etc. It's intriguing and not that expensive. I had been to the museum in the 90s when they were still at the Cliff House. And I don't remember it being this fun, but I didn't have 9 and 11 year old boys back then. This was a perfect thing to do, and not so costly.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stopped by during our one evening at FW based on reviews and were so glad we did! It is a quirky place with all types of old arcade and coin operated entertainments. Some were so old I had never even heard of them. We played quite a number of them and thoroughly enjoyed seeing what each did. The toothpick built machines were interesting. My teen found the old "execution" figure machines fascinating and had to do every one. I had to play the ones I remembered (even though seeing them in a 'museum' made me feel OLD).

The place is a little run-down looking on the outside, but don't let that stop you. Anything that amuses 2 adults and 2 teenagers is worth a stop!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Take quarters, take your camera, take your family and friends. When you are inside the outside world ceases to exist and you feel like a child, full of wonder and excitement.