“Beautiful”

$25.00*
San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Ranked #66 of 569 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: A famous stretch of colorful Victorian-style house.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Had a great day in San Francisco with hubby and grown son, who lives there. We did our touristy thing and really enjoyed the Painted Ladies. Baker Beach was Beautiful and gave us a wonderful view of our special lady, the Golden Gate Bridge. Good food, fun train ride via Capitol Corridor train and Bart and family.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The painted ladies are beautiful town homes across the street from Alamo square park. The homes were featured on the television show "full house" so a lot of people stop to take pictures. My wife and I visited the park while in town for the weekend and we thought the homes were pretty cool. The park across the street is a great place to take a break and relax. When we were there, people were out having picnics and playing games. It just seemed like a nice place to sit down for a bit.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Of course, being a 90's kid and growing up watching Danny Tanner and Full House, I absolutely had to see the "Painted Ladies" row of houses. The view of the Painted Ladies from the adjacent park is excellent. Furthermore, if you find a good spot at one of the high points of the park, you can get a splendid view of not only the Painted Ladies, but of a good 2/3 of DT San Francisco; on a clear day we were able to see all the way back down to where our hotel was across from the Fisherman's Wharf!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Ok so I refer to the painted ladies as the Full House houses :0) ... I visited SF for a long weekend and made sure to visit the Full House houses everyday and get a pic...Although one of the houses is currently having work done they are still amazing! The view is awesome. I did not do a tour as my brother lived nearby...Yes there are hills but aren't there hills throughout SF? Amazing Amazing Amazing!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This tow of houses and the grassy mound in front of them has been photographed and used in so many films. It is well worth going to see them, they are really lovely,not only that the whole area has a rare quaint appeal to it. I'm glad I went to see this iconic area during my visit. Would have liked to have sat on the grassy mound and had my photo taken.