“My fav place in San Fran!”

Palace of Fine Arts Theatre
Book In Advance
More Info
$36.00*
and up
San Francisco City Bike Rental
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed to look like a Roman ruin, this golden building is certainly a beauty to behold.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“My fav place in San Fran!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This place is absolutely gorgeous and very peaceful! There was literally nobody there when I went there and that was just even more special for us. The location is very unique in a neighborhood with beautiful homes around it. This is a spectacular place for pictures. I highly recommend it!!

Visited May 2013

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely Beautiful”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had a few hours in San Francisco one Sunday afternoon, and decided to go walk around the Palace of the Fine Arts. I wasn't exactly certain what to expect. I had seen some shots of the walkways when watching the television show, Monk. It looked nice, so I wanted to see for myself. I was so glad I did. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was a nice sunny afternoon in early October. There were families with children feeding the swans. There were many brides taking advantage of the beautiful surroundings- water, statues, gardens. I was so happy I decided to take the time to visit.

Visited October 2013
Ottawa, Canada
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Lovely place”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Lovely architecture. Its a great place to wander and see will the birds that live in the adjacent water. Often you'll find photographic shoots going on here

Los Angeles, California
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Calm yet impressive”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This can't be seen from the marina where I have been many a time, so what a nice respite this was, when I took my lunch and a bus on a fine day out. Cool from the marina water's edge, shaded by huge trees and made-over columns and dome - this was a wonderful place to sit, view, share your lunch with all those birds even though we weren't supposed to, away from the hustle and clang of Union Square & Ghiardelli's. The stone maidens up high with their backs to us humans on the sidewalks made me smile.

Seattle, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A great park in which to spend an hour or two.”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Pretty park, nice pond with swans and other wildlife of a mainly fowl nature (Heron, Cormorant, Hummingbirds, etc.). The architecture is beautiful.

It's nice, serene and a great place to take pics if you are a photographer. I'd suggest grabbing some lunch somewhere and bringing it to the park for a picnic. Warning though - there *are* seagulls in the pond. I didn't have food with me so I don't know how they would react to someone with a lunch.

It was one of my favorite sites in San Fran...