“Quite a surprise”

$32.00*
Self-Guided Bike Rentals from San Francisco
Ranked #11 of 567 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed to look like a Roman ruin, this golden building is certainly a beauty to behold.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you follow the walk along the bay towards the Bridge and head slightly inland you will come across this fabulous structure of classical domes, arches and columns. it has an interesting history and is set in a lovely garden with lakes and flowering shrubs. Just walk around, or take a book and relax before heading back to Fisherman's Wharf for a fish supper.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,920)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

So my wife and I go to the city about once a month and sometime stay over night 2 or 3 nights. In my 30 plus years here in California I had never been to the Palace of fine Arts, I don't know why. So this trip before we left I did what my wife, born and raised San Franciscan, wanted and went to the Palace, what a magnificent place I was in ah, it was so beautiful. I was so glad I good enjoy it. we walked and sat and walked though the hole thing it was will worth the visit and I can't put into words that describe it, you must see it and the exploratorium. This can't be missed

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really an amazing place. Beautiful gardens, architecture and bike paths. Wonderful place to spend a romantic afternoon with a bottle of wine and a date.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Its almost in the middle of a residential area so it's kind of hidden. Make sure you find it though as we did on a segway tour. It would be a nice place for a picnic or to take photos at. Amazing architecture and a nice walk.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stopped here for an hour or so during the city Hop on Hop off bus tour. Very pretty spot and a nice place to sit and watch the birds and the people.