Open today: Closed

from $55.00
from $63.00
from $65.65
1,535 results
All reviews civic center city hall on display special exhibition gift shop beautiful building galleries objects jewelry sf audio
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2019

The works are stunning and this is the best collection of Asian Art in America. They are working on adding some contemporary artists as well. I was just sad we came all this way and there was really only the third floor to visit

2  Thank Shelley s
Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately, the entire second floor was closed when we visited due to remodeling, which eliminated Japanese, Korean, and other cultures’ art, and apparently some of the Chinese art, too. But the Chinese, Tibetan, Indian, Persian, and Southeast Asian collections that were open were great! Just that one floor took up over two hours, and we had to rush through some of it. So give yourself enough time to appreciate all of the collections, especially when the rest of it reopens.

1  Thank IvanSusanin1613
Reviewed May 27, 2019

When we visited in late May, only the third floor was open, due to renovations and the installation of new galleries. But what wonderful objects on display on the third floor! My very favorite gallery was devoted to jade objects, with a range and depth I have not seen before, even at the Met in NYC. If I am back in SF, I will surely return to see how the second floor turns out.

And their small cafeteria does an excellent lunch!

2  Thank dyavorsk
Reviewed April 26, 2019

We went to the museum for the kimono exhibit, which was beautiful. Be sure to pre purchase your tickets! We definitely should have allowed several hours for the museum.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank RuthB841
Reviewed April 24, 2019

I need to learn more about Asian Art to appreciate this museum more. Third floor closed for construction, kimono exhibit small and not what I expected. Streets around all closed for San Francisco Streets day and Civiv Center Parking Garage was $18 for just over 2 hours. Disappointing time there.

Date of experience: April 2019