“Just the Right Size”

$69.00*
Go San Francisco Card
Ranked #21 of 562 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Spanning cultures from Turkey to India and China to the Philippines through 6,000 years, the collection provides a panorama of Asian art and culture. Included are over 18,000 objects ranging from tiny jades to monumental sculptures. Superb paintings, porcelains, arms and armor, furniture, textiles, and bronzes are featured.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wonderful traveling exhibits. Just the right size for a couple of hours viewing and then hit the cafe for a tasty bowl of noodles and a cup of green tea to savor the mood. Park in the Civic Center garage right across the street.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I hopped off the sightseeing bus, planning to spend an hour on the special exhibit of Qin dynasty terracotta warriors from China, and wound up spending the whole afternoon. Even so, I just managed to skim two of the museum's three floors. The collection is different in tone and emphasis from the east coast museums that I'm used to, and the way the objects are displayed shows imagination as well as a good sense of what the average human perceives as a comfortable space to move and/or linger in. The museum is quite big, but doesn't feel like it, and so is much more people-friendly than, say, the New York Met and the Chicago Art Institute. At most other museums, I am eager to leave as soon as I've looked at the particular exhibit I'm interested in, but I stayed as long as I could at the Asian Art Museum. If I were a little kid, I would say that the museum is neat, and they have cute stuff.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The headset though worth the price for the information had difficulty working ..we exchanged ours 2x..
The exhibit was fantastic

Reviewed March 12, 2013

It's shows the diversity of samurais and warriors.I like it because its very different than most museums

Reviewed March 11, 2013

On our last visit to SF we took in China's Terracotta Warriors. The ability to get so close to these expressive, ancient warriors and their horses was a real experience. In China, you do not get nearly as close to them. The museum always has great traveling exhibitions and the permanent collection, for me,is just like visiting Asia again.

We also enjoy the restaurant associated with the museum.