“45 years”

Ranked #67 of 546 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Center of the long-gone hippie culture of the 1960s, this trendy neighborhood is now a whole new scene with upscale boutiques, Internet cafes and hip restaurants.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“45 years”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

It's how long I have been waiting to visit.
Due to time restraints only managed to get there around 10.30am for 30minutes.
It was closed! Only me, my wife and hundreds of hobos.
I will come back, but disappointing having waited so long.

Visited November 2013

42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Old but new”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I liver in San Francisco in the summer of 1968. Haight Ashbury was the center of the Hippy movement. Free love free diseases, kids from all over playing guitars and begging. Some of that is still true, but the place has matured. It has a great, comprehensive music store with friendly, helpful people there where I bought and amp for my home system. The grocery store rivaled Whole Foods,actually better. I found records I have been looking for for years, and for 6-10 bucks. All of these are within 1 block of the famous intersection.

Visited November 2013
San Francisco, Ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“San Francisco's Carriage House inn is the best of the best!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there with my wife for a week and where treated like Royality from check in to our departure time! Better than any 5 star hotel I've stayed at over our years of travel. Truly the jewel of San Francisco.
Paul Jacobs

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Allen P
Shawnigan Lake
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Haight-Ashbury”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Haight-Ashbury is a must if you travel to San Francisco! Being a former "flower-child" I finally got to see the street of my dreams. Enchanting to walk the streets, visit the boutiques and we had the best lunch ever and reasonably priced. Wished I could remember the name but if you come across a place where you order your meal at the bar and it's called a "Mama Mia" crepe, you won't be disappointed. My trip to San Fran was complete with a visit to Haight. You can catch the 71 bus for $2 on Market Street and it takes you there and back!

Visited October 2013
3 Thank gmacssmac
Ohio
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went to this area on a rainy afternoon. Perhaps it's more vibrant at night or on a sunny day but the vibe we got was sad and desperate - lots of "hippies" begging and tourist shops selling tie dye items. Very colorful but not much substance.

Visited September 2013