Open today: Closed

from $89.00
from $89.00
from $19.95
2,546 results
All reviews all ages science museum interactive exhibits hands on activities kids and adults great hands great for kids any age we spent hours year olds whole family four hours palace of fine arts great museum rainy day lots of fun ferry building
Reviewed 4 days ago

Great way to spend half a day with kids. Seemed like an visual and auditory overload and very educational, but still fun.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We went to one of the After Dark sessions and had the best time! This is so much more than a museum, it's hands-on, it's fun and it's educational. We had so much fun exploring the vast space and all the exhibits - there was so much to see, learn and do. I'm not scientifically minded at all but I really enjoyed getting my nerd on and loved how there was an explanation for each exhibit. I never knew science could be so fun! Personally, I appreciated the adults only and relaxed vibe, the neat little pop up bars and the super friendly staff. The guest speaker was great too. Highly recommended - will definitely come back next time I'm in San Francisco!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Don't under estimate how much time you need for this fascinating place. We spent around 2 and half hours or more there and it wasn't enough time. You can leave and go back on the same day which is a good idea if you are able to do that. There is so much to see with hands on sciency things both for adults and children. Its not just for children who just run around and randomly play with stuff without understanding what they're all about.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is incredible. The suggested 3 hours visit is nowhere near enough to adequately experience all there is to offer here. You could easily spend two full days here to get around all the exhibits. In that case it's worth a membership. This is the most fun informative way of learning about science and has something for all ages. There are 6 areas in total - human phenomena, tinkering, seeing and listening, living systems, outdoor exhibits and observing landscapes. There is a tactile dome which is extra and is booked for specific times, You leave the museum full of new understanding and knowledge with your curiosity stimulated so much you want to return

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We just got here and I would say it is the best science museum I have seen and really good with kids. Allow as much time as you can. My 6th and 2nd grader were thrilled. Much better than our local science museum by far.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This has some really interesting exhibits, set in a spacious hall, easily accessible from the Embarcadero. However many of the most exciting things attract queues and the place gets very busy at weekends. Kids, however, from around 7 on, love it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you have any flexibility visit on a weekday, just not a Monday. They are closed Mondays. They have adult only evenings that are kinda cool.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As we had an evening flight we decided to spend the afternoon at the Exploratorium. There are 6 different sections/themes with lots of activities for the kids to try out. I think we spent about 3 hours here and the kids were thoroughly occupied.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

this was a fantastic museum for the kids. there was so much to do. so much science that they were learning while having fun.
very impressive. this is a must for the kids. probably even for the teenage kids. could probably spend 3-4 hours here. also can have lunch here. nice cafeteria.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have been to tons of science museums - so you should know we are partial to them - but this one did not disappoint! We spent at least 3 hours there and could have spent longer... The Tactile Dome was worth the extra money and the kids loved it (my kids are 10, 13, and 16). I scheduled it for 4:45 so we could get the most out of the museum. We arrived around 1:00 mid-week - it was not crowded at all. Some of the demonstrations were excellent - especially the one where you get to fish plankton out of the Bay and look at it under the microscope. The views of the Bay are great. The cafeteria has decent food options, but they aren't cheap. Nice views from there too!

1  Thank Jennifer R