“Crazy good ramen!”
Review of Suzu Noodle House

Suzu Noodle House
Ranked #789 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had the curry ramen and my sister the mabo ramen. Both were so amazingly flavorful. Good thing I don't live nearby or I would be there everyday! Also had katsu, very lightly battered. Good but didn't blow my mind. I could have done without the takoyaki though. Highly recommend the noodles!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Delicious and fresh ramen . The broths were excellent and seasoned well. Very authentic Japanese food.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was hoping to have a really good ramen before heading back to my hotel after a gorgeous day in the sun when I stopped in. When I had passed by earlier in the day, there were people waiting outside for a table, so I assumed that was a good sign. Either that or it was the only noodle place in the area, which I doubt was the case. My feet were killing from all the up and down action of the hills that make up San Francisco so when it was time to eat, I was in no mood to be disappointed.

At the advice of two guys loafing around outside the Kinokuniya Building, I decided to forgo one of the other ramen places nearby for Suzu. With limited opportunities to eat certain things, I really wish I had gone elsewhere. All I had was the miso ramen, as I wanted to have something else a little later. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing? I'm sad to say that my ramen wasn't so great. The noodles were way too rubbery and chewy. There should definitely be some spring to them but I felt like I had a mouthful of rubber bands. The broth was OK, but the creaminess of the miso broth should always be accompanied by bean sprouts, which it was not. The boiled egg was not runny, which I did not mind and the pork was also too chewy. There wasn't enough fat in the meat so it was kind of dry and that was a bit of a let-down.

Service was on par with the food. I noticed a mixed crowd of Japanese and nons, but don't be fooled, it was nothing special. Surely there's better nearby.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I love ramen and so when I visited San Francisco I was determined to find good ramen! This place didn't disappoint! They're tonkatsu is delicious and the broth was soo yummy! We also got the agadashi tofu which isn't the best I've had. I would just try this place for their ramen! We got there at 11:45 (they open at 11:30) and since the place was so small it was already half full. By the time we left at 12:15 there was already a line of people waiting.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Such a great lunch! We were visiting San Francisco and found ourselves at Suzu and we were not disappointed. Now that we're back home, in Ohio, I'm having noodle fantasies! So delicious!