“Life saver”

Neighborhood: Hayes Valley
Adelaide, Australia
“Life saver”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A wonderful cafe with great coffee.
After seven weeks in the US we were hanging out for a great coffee and we found it at the Blue Bottle. Went back a few times during our 5 day stay and was not disappointed at any time.
We had to wait in line for 25 mins on the last occasion however the wait was certainly worth it.
When in San Francisco don't miss this one if you appreciate a very good coffee.

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto
“I hate to admit it . . .”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I hate to admit that a trendy cafe is worth a 15-20 minute lineup for a cup of coffee. But the Blue Bottle is.

• Visited October 2012
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Good brunch!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Coffee was excellent, soup was tasty. Only slight negative was the 25 minute wait...although it was worth it! The guy with the moustache is great!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Almost worth the trip to San Francisco for this coffee alone!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I read about this in a number of guides to SF before our trip this year and decided I needed to visit as a I do love a good cup of coffee. We went to the outlet at the Ferry Building on the Embarcadero and what can I say? The best coffee I have ever had! Both the Mocha and Latte, delicious, flavorful but not overpowering, smooth but still powerful, service was first class given the busy queue. Our first visit was on a Thursday so it was relatively quiet, we returned on a Saturday and had tho stand in line for nearly half an hour, I am usually an impatient queuer but this time I was quite happy to wait. Their cookies and sandwiches are also really good. I have brought a couple of bags of coffee back with to the UK but I doubt mine will taste as good as the ones they made.

San Francisco, California
“excellent espresso served by a guy with a funny moustache”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Really great coffee, made with care, and so much better than the corporate coffee that we usually drink, that you'll wish Blue Bottle had a branch on every other block too. They are higher priced $4.50 for a cap) than the ubiquitous chain as well, but the cappuccino is so damn good, I mean really good. Try their affogato (espresso over local vanilla-honey ice-cream), it is amazing and I'd like one after lunch every day for the rest of my life.
A great place for a "Portlandia" episode.

• Visited October 2012