“First visit”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had heard of this legendary chain resto but had never visited one in my travels. My teenaged son wanted a late night snack so we grabbed a cheeseburger, hamburger, shake and a milk. Everything was fresh and very tasty. Our order was even presented well in the tray. Service was top notch and fast. All for under $10. Should not have waited so long to eat here! It must have the red and yellow colour scheme that held me back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,748)

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

A brit who falls asleep and needs something to eat so plumped for trying in'n'out. Double double with shake. Fries are prob best I have had at a burger store, shake lovely and creamy. Burger didn't blow me away but was fresh and tasty so I can't fault it.
Interesting customers as about 5 homeless in getting some warmth and rest, no problem though and adds to the character.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I just love in and out burger and it was right downstairs from my room and the secret menu (google it) makes me happy

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Not sure what the big deal here is. Fast food made even faster. Nice thing is they let you add salt to your fries but other than that Meh.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

On our first visit to California, on our list of things to do was an Inn n Out Burger. Didn't disappoint . Excellent, especially the Protein Burger with Animal Fries. All fresh and worth the small wait. Very different to what is served in any UK burger joint.