“Yummy Yummy in my Tummy!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Fat Cat
Ranked #4 of 274 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Yummy Yummy in my Tummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I have lived in Quincy for almost a year. Every time we tell people we live in Quincy they always ask us if we've tried The Fat Cat. After almost a year, I can finally say YES we have and it did not disappoint. I think what deterred us from eating at The Fat Cat in the first place is the ridiculously long wait you need to go through before being seated. Nevertheless, the food was well worth the wait.

The server was really laid back and very quick to attend to our needs. The complimentary bread and the hummus maple butter (I think thats what it was?) was delicious! My boyfriend ordered the infamous Lobster Mac n' Cheese and I had the Pan Seared Salmon. They were both huge portions and we had more than enough left overs to last us for the next two/three days.

Overall, the ambiance is a little crammed and busy but the staff, the food, and the service definitely make up for the long wait. The price is also pretty reasonable around the area. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
“the only place for lunch !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Went to the FatCat today with my 2 daughters. I had been once before and liked it a lot. The girls got burgers and they were thick, large and the beef was great quality-- nice and lean. for $ 8.99 with a lot of fries you can't go wrong. The fries are extra crispy and had very little salt on them ( appreciated that ) One of my daughters said she has the fried pickles when there with her boyfriend. I guess they are known for there mac& cheese, and it is enough for a family of 4.
It was a very hot day and when we opened the doors to The Fat Cat is was so nice and cool--ac was blasting!! Very nice and refreshing. Looking for a excuse to go back to Quincy now. You have to get there.

• Visited July 2014
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

After driving all night from Pittsburgh to Boston, this was a fantastic place to fuel up before starting our vacation. We had fried dill pickle chips which had a good batter and were not too greasy. We also got the Buffalo chicken nachos which were awesome... They had a good variety of nachos to choose from and all sounded fantastic. I wish more places had those choices. Everyone got the lobster rolls and they were good. Prices were very reasonable and I wanted to order everything that I saw come from the kitchen.

Wollaston, Massachusetts, United States
“Huge portions! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I came here as a celebration for the end of the school year, and no one was disappointed by the amazing selection of food! There was more to eat than I could finish, but it made for great leftovers. The service is great and the atmosphere is geared toward locals and young adults. Such a fun experience!

Quincy, Massachusetts
“Great prices - Good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have eaten at the Fat Cat several times and I have not noticed any price increases. The food is consistently good, sometimes even great. They have the best crab cakes around. Service is always very good at the bar. Bartenders are terrific; attentive and friendly. This is a very small restaurant so seating can be tough. Not unusual to wait 30-45 minutes for a seat. Plan accordingly.

• Visited June 2014