“A feast for the eyes and the taste buds”

Montilio's Bakery & Cake Shop
Ranked #6 of 9 Dessert in Quincy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“A feast for the eyes and the taste buds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

This has become our go-to place for cakes for any occasion. Last week I got a small cake for a friend's birthday. Stepping inside to pick up the cake was an experience. My mouth was watering. They became instantly famous years ago when the made Jackie Kennedy's wedding cake but they have continued to live up to their reputation and have excellent cakes and pastry. They also have a small amount of seating. You can get soda, coffee, even pizza, We mostly go there for the cakes but they have every imaginable pastry and a large assortment of breads.

Visited April 2014

Walpole, Massachusetts
“Best bakery in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Montilio's is by far the best bakery in the Quincy/Milton area. Their desserts are fantastic, iced coffee is great, and pizza/calzones are to die for. I strongly recommend trying the breakfast pizza too. It's definitely a little odd, but the flavors are incredible.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Patrick H
Braintree, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing birthday cake from Braintree location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Got my daughter a cinderella doll cake for her 2nd birthday. It was beautifully and skillfully decorated. These cakes feed 20-30 (they have a larger size too) and was comprised of four layers of cake with three layers of filling. The chocolate cake was moist and rich. The buttercream frosting was very nice and not overly sweet. We chose the raspberry/choc buttercream filling and it was delicious. I think the cake runs around $80 or so but its a BIG cake. They also carefully wrapped my doll in the cake in saran wrap so I could easily wash/reuse her.

For the amount of time it takes to create something like this its a good value. My daughters face made it worth every cent and all at the party admired its appearance and taste.

This is a great place for a custom cake.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Pendlemom
Braintree, Massachusetts
“Always Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I always attempt to support Montilio's Bakery in Braintree because of being a local business. I like their Italian bread so I stop in often for purchase. One visit, there was a display of assorted bread outside of the counter. Flies were all over the bread so I called it to the counter persons attention. She told me that they were having a problem with flies. Another day I went in to buy a large danish ring. I asked the young lady behind the counter if it was fresh and she said yes. I was taking it to someone's house and we could not eat it because it was stale and hard. Today I figured I would give it another try so I took a friend there for breakfast with the pleasure of sitting outside. I had a sausage, egg and cheese on a croissant and the bread was dry and tough. The coffee was only warm and not very tasty. Shame on me for not taking the breakfast back to the bakery but instead I will never return again.

• Visited July 2013
“The most beautiful Christmas Cake I've ever seen!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was of course doing things last minute and needed a cake for a Christmas party. It had been a long time since I had been to Montilios as I was not a fan. I had a really bad experience about 7 yrs ago. I was hesitant but late ran in picked up a cake! Omg it was beautiful! It tasted so good! I will most definitely ordering again from Montilios! The cake was a huge hit because it was so pretty and tasty too! Thank you, thank you, thank you!