“Nice place to stay just outside of Boston”

Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Quincy
Arizona
“Nice place to stay just outside of Boston”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here a couple of nights before going out to Cape Cod. The timeshare on Cape Cod was very nice, but this Best Western made the beginning of our vacation head in the right direction. You can get anywhere from here and there were plenty of places to eat or drink within walking distance.

Room Tip: Very nice bar and restaurant on the property and the purchased food was very good! They provide a fr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I checked in and checked out without error...or so I thought.

I booked my room through an external booking site such as priceline, expedia etc...I figured this would be ok but boy was I wrong and the horrendous customer service I received by the revenue manager cannot be overlooked.

I checked my credit card statement a couple of days ago and a week or so after I checked out and noticed a charge for $146 that Best Western had charged to my credit card. I thought this cannot be right because I ALREADY PAID FOR MY ROOM. It turns out the charge was because the booking site's credit card was declined so the hotel was not able to be paid (completely not even close to being my problem). As a result of this the hotel charged MY CARD for the booking sites error. I am thinking this must be illegal. Basically the hotel stole $146 from me.

I got a call from the revenue manager and she told me to call the booking site myself because it is their problem and not Best Western's. I was appalled. the charge to my card is from BEST WESTERN of course it is their problem. They should be the ones calling the site not me. I am thinking how dare she make me call the site when this issue is absolutely not my fault at all and that charge is a result of the booking sites error. Well she told me to anyway and she was rather rude about it.

This issue is very frustrating and has not been resolved as of yet.

(in an unrelated note my room smelled of smoke which was very unpleasant)

Please everyone do not go to this hotel. they will steal your money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lavmaster

Travelers are raving about these Quincy hotels

VALATIE
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have stayed here in Quincy over Boston many times. Never have I experienced such an uncaring desk staff. Booked months in advance as a Diamond Elite member and still given a room right across from the ice machine. Housekeeping could use some training and possible a manager on site would be a good idea. Too bad, great place in the past.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank terryc361
Council Bluffs, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Older hotel that needs updates. No refrigerator or microwave in the rooms I had. We had 2 seperate rooms . One room had a flat screen tv and another room had a older style tv. The bathroom door knob in one room was ready to fall off the door the lights on the wall between the beds did not work and the toilet seat would turn when you sat on it. Hotel was made aware of the problrms but they only fixed the toilet seat. Applebees Paneras a italian restaurant and dominos pizza are with in walking distance for food. Safe area to walk in. Nothing close, you either have to take the T or rent a car. Traffic is very heavy for the morning and evening commute to downtown Boston.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Quinn K
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Lovely hotel! Staff very helpful, bar and restaurant on-site also great (breakfast included). Room overlooking the Neponset river was awesome. Close to the "T" so that made it easy to get around instead of driving everywhere. I'd stay again in a minute!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Judie R
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Business took me to Boston and Quincy for a week. The entire experience was great. The staff were very friendly, breakfast (included), was a step above any other place I have stayed. My room overlooked the Neponset river and the location to Boston can't be beat. Easy trip in and out to downtown Boston and the harbor.
A definite place to stay in the future when in the area.

Room Tip: Overlooking the Neponset river.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed only one night, thank goodness. I wan't to give some positives, but about all I can come up with is being right on the water.

Check-in took forever. Our room was dank, damp, dirty and old. We paid twice what we thought it was worth. The "free" breakfast included hair, a number of weird floating things in our beverages and a waitress that clearly finds people in general annoying.

Before we stayed I thought it couldn't possibly be as bad as the reviews, but it was.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank AmyFlossy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Howard Johnson Quincy
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside
Ramada Boston
Ramada Boston
#77 of 83 in Boston

Been to Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston? Share your experiences!