“Had a blast on a short stay..........” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Adams Inn Quincy-Boston

BEST WESTERN Adams Inn Quincy-Boston
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Quincy
Southport, United Kingdom
“Had a blast on a short stay..........”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stopped in later evening because I had a job about 2 miles away in the morning and did not feel like dealing with the commuter traffic in the morning. The staff was great and the Pub is fantastic because of the mix of locals, business folks and tourists. I will definitely try and stay here again just because of the pub. The rooms are clean but a little out dated. All in all a great deal for the cash. traffic in the morning still stinks......my 2 mile commute took about twenty minutes.........

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel was fabulous!! From the front desk to the rooms, laundry, and the fantastic pub attached to the hotel, it was all great. We had booked on Expedia site so did not know until after payment where exactly we would be staying. At first we were a little concerned that we seemed to be a bit far out of downtown Boston. given the events that occurred the day after our check in, that turned out to be a godsend and we were so very grateful that we could retreat from the mayhem of the bombings in the city back to the quiet safe area of our hotel. The hotel has a shuttle service that will drop you down to the T transit station or it is an easy 10 minute walk. From there it is $2.50 ride on the train into downtown Boston. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The hotel is well presented. We had a ground floor room but had a lovely view outside our window of the waterway beside the hotel. Wifi was not always perfect but good enough for what we needed. The pub served beautiful tasty meals, however you need to be really hungry to finish one!! The staff in the hotel are extremely efficient and friendly, with a cheery hello each time you pass them. I do have to be honest in one tiny negative, and that is they are probably the HARDEST beds we have slept on in the whole of our stay, if you like a very firm mattress, probably be great for you! Would we stay here again?? In a heartbeat. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ground floor is great, view of the waterway is lovely.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gabdy
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed on the Ground Floor on the "River Wing" but on the wrong side of the corridor, so instead of a river view, we had a view of the skip/dumpster. Speaking of skip, the whole of the ground floor smelled of sewage which was nauseating. The heater in the room meant that it was either too hot or too cold, so the one night we spent here was not the most comfortable night I have ever spent. There was a nice pub/restaurant onsite, and thank goodness because nothing in the town was walking distance to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Gianna D

Travelers are raving about these Quincy hotels

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Adams Inn over Easter weekend and had a wonderful time. The location is excellent, the shuttle service to the train was fantastic (as was the pick-up from the station when we returned from Boston), and all the hotel staff were extremely pleasant. We signed up for the Easter Brunch, and Janet Batson, the hotel's sales manager, was very accomodating. In addition, every meal we had at the hotel was very good. We had two connecting rooms, and it was the perfect amount of space for the five of us. The only complaint I would have is that I believe our room had been a smoking room (all rooms are non smoking now), and because I'm extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke, I could still smell it. It did not mar our stay, however, and I would love to return for another stay. Thanks to all for making our visit a great one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Last night I attempted to make a reservation at this particular best western. I called and asked about the cost and availability of the park stay and fly package. I was given a total price $211 with tax. I then called back to finalize after checking with the other people we were traveling with. I was then told it would be an extra $10 fee per person for the 3rd and 4th person in the room. I told the "supervisor" (who would not give her name) that I was not paying the fee as it was not listed that way on the Website advertisement or told to me when I originally called. After about 15 minutes going back and forth (and being put on hold) I told them I would still like to make the reservation and I would deal with the manager (who was not there last night) when I got there. However, the "supervisor" I spoke with was trying to hang up the phone by saying "have a nice evening ma'am". I asked if someone else could take my reservation seeing as she was obviously not willing to do so. I was put back on hold. Approximately 10 minutes later the hold music stopped and the phone was slammed down in my ear. I notified best western corporate customer service of the incident. I was told "all of our hotels are individually owned and operated and there is nothing we can do for you". Pretty pathetic if you ask me. I will NEVER be staying at a Best Western and I advise everyone else to do the same. Clearly they don't care too much about their customers.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Mandarose210
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We came for a wedding and it worked fine but we had periodic interactions with the staff where they were horrendously rude. This was only the front desk, others were very helpful and the nice but twice when we asked questions to the front desk they were just horrible, It was not so much the answer but the way they gave it. Since we sere doing a one day turnover for the wedding we asked for both early check in and late check out. We ended up getting one but the other but the initial response from the desk clerk was to basically laugh at us and tell us no. Although it is a decent but not great hotel, the rest of the hotel staff was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TKH_home
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Comfort Inn - Boston
Comfort Inn - Boston
#75 of 83 in Boston
Ramada Boston
Ramada Boston
#77 of 83 in Boston
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside

Been to BEST WESTERN Adams Inn Quincy-Boston? Share your experiences!