“Good food, service and views!”

The Tavern at Quarry Hills
Ranked #7 of 282 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Pleasantly surprised upon our recent dinner for 7 - we last dined here 2 years ago, and it was average in food. Now, it seems to have improved its whole operation- all of the meals and beverages were excellent and the staff very customer oriented. We will return

There are newer reviews for The Tavern at Quarry Hills

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This restaurant is consistently good. The view is terrific, atmosphere good and service is always good too. Great bar if looking for appetizers and a drink only. Have gone as a couple, friends and family - good for all and not to worry if you don't want a huge meal - no problem with having just a sandwich, appetizer or pizza. Something for everyone.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

First we have eaten at this restaurant before for special occasions and found it to be very nice. However, this last trip left me wondering if they aren't out to deceive a bit. I admit, lesson learned. I will ask more questions next time as I feel the wait staff is either being instructed to present the way they did or not enough training was given. Let me explain and see if you agree.
We were attended to in a reasonable amount of time. Drinks were ordered. Fine so far. No bread was offered or brought to the table and we realized later that some tables had bread and others did not. Specials were described. No amounts were disclosed nor details of proportions.
We ordered the prime rib special. We were celebrating an anniversary, so why not spend a little extra. Their prices were all between $15-$25 ish. I should of been suspicious when they brought out large steak knives. Who new....You wouldn't of believed it. HUGE w/bone in. ( I didn't know I could eat off a platter!!!) It was a turn off. Who eats like that anymore. Due to it's size it was a little tough. It had to have been at least two-plus pounds. Why didn't they explain it was a large piece? After the shock of the size of the meal we got a shock of the bill. $38.00 ea for the prime rib. I won't fall for that again for sure. No follow through regarding any coffee or desert either. We have plenty of leftovers for the week. Let's see, how may ways can I serve this beef. Too bad Fred Flintstone wasn't for real. He would of loved it.!!!!
We like the atmosphere and a good place to get lighter pub fare and a good drink.
We will think if we want to say for a dinner the next time.

I think they should of let their patrons know in advance or at least offer a different size if available. Lesson learned.

1  Thank Virginia P
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have to start by saying that I have eaten at the Tavern at Quarry Hills many times. View is exceptional and the food has always been very good. The last 2 times that I've eaten there (April and May 2012) I have been disappointed. The quality of the food is not as good as it was in the past and the recipes are lacking in seasoning and flavor. I'm not sure if it's a new chef but I'll be picking someplace else for the short term. It's upsetting since it's such a beautiful place.

1  Thank GM3020
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The view is wonderful and a great atmosphere. They have plenty of valet parking and eventhough we got there pretty late (@ 11 p.m. they do not take any more orders to the kitchen), we were seated quickly. The food is very good (loved the shrimp ravioli) and so was the desert; house wine was pretty good too. We had a wonderful time and will go back again