“This is what fried seafood is all about!”
Review of Clam Box

Clam Box
Ranked #10 of 281 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 24, 2010

I live in the south western part of Virginia in the Blue Ridge Mountains, a place where "real" seafood does not exist! When I travel to New England a must stop for me (and always more than once during my trips up there) is the Clam Box in Quincy, MA. For fried seafood this place is one of the best I have ever enjoyed and I have been to many places in my 60 years. One thing that sets the Clam Box apart for all other places is their handcut made from scratch french fries. It thes these fries that take the most delectable fish or scallops or fried clams and creates the most incredible taste experience for me. Unforgettable and it is soon after I return home to Virginia I begin to crave what I experienced at the Clam Box.

1  Thank Baptistvirginia

Reviewed August 12, 2009

The food is simply fantastic. Some of the best I've ever had. The Clams are to die for & the hand cut fries are out of this world. Do yourself a favor & stop @ Clam Box for some food & then take a walk along the beach. I highly recommend this Clam Box.
Don't confuse this with Tony's down the street. Beats Tony's hands down.

1  Thank TampaJmessick
Reviewed May 18, 2009

My wife and I stopped here on Sun May 17-2009 for a quick nibble. Big mistake. I wanted to have the fried calamari and the choice was not a good one. The initial taste was okay but then it hit my stomach. I felt like my stomach was going to implode after eating the calamari. It was lightly battered(GOOD), but I think the oil was bad or old. My wife thought she was going to vomit afterwards. Not happy at all with this visit. Take care of the oil PLEASE. We have had better here in the past.

Reviewed May 18, 2009

The Clam Box is a fried food joint located write on the main drag of Wollaston beach. I found the food to be just okay, and tend to prefer Tony's located a little further down the road- they have better food and ice cream. However the Clam Box get's the job done and it's located right next door to a play ground for kids. When visiting any of these establishments it's always fun to get your food and eat it across the street on the wall of the beach, and please be sure to throw away your trash.

Reviewed November 14, 2008

Fish + Chips and Clam Strips.