“dinner for 8 great”

Cathay Pacific Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 275 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: Polynesian, Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cathay Pacific Restaurant provides the most delicious Chinese food in the Greater Boston area. Located in Quincy, MA, Cathay Pacific has been bringing great quality and value to our traditional American Chinese cuisine since 1981. Cathay Pacific Restaurant provides plenty of parking to accommodate our guests in the dining room, function room, and our bar where we have live entertainment every night! We offer dine-in, takeout, in-house functions, and takeout food trays for large parties.
Venice, Florida
“dinner for 8 great”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This restaurant just over the bridge from Dorchester in No. Quincy Ma. is a a fine place to meet friends and family from both North of Boston and South of Boston.
We had dinner for 8 family members and everyone got to get what they wanted in Chinese food.
It was delivered promptly and was piping hot and delicious.The total bill withj drinks was $148 including tip and was well worth it. We will come back again on our next trip to the Boston area from Florida

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank jajoslarkin

Bensalem, PA
“YUMMY FOOD, HUGE portions, awesome decor, helpful waitstaff”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My friend and I ate a late dinner here (at 9pm), and since it was my first visit, I was impressed by the decor (classy!) and the large and varied menu. The portions are HUGE. I had the sweet and sour chicken and scallion pancake appetizer, and man, I have gotten two meals out of them since I took some to-go in a doggie bag. They serve free water and hot tea, and free pineapple pieces as a dessert. Yum! My friend got General Gau chicken and he LOVED it. The meal is expensive, (the chicken was 16 bucks), but wowza, the portions and quality make it worth it. The waitress was also quick to refill the water glasses, and she did so several times for us.

Apparently there is also a bar on premises and the nightlife is active here. I did not go in but the crowds were large. A band was playing, and other nights they have karaoke. We saw lots of customers eating food, couples, friends, families with kids, etc. There is something for everyone here and apparently their drink menu is quite special and varied too.

The bathroom was a little dirty (I saw the ladies room), but the foot traffic for that seemed to be coming from the packed bar--so no shock there.

I would DEFINITELY come back and I would tell my friends to try this place! They also deliver food to the area.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank msspungen
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Order the meal for two”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

For being the first time visitng I was very please to see they served a lot for two people. We had plenty to take home. Service was very fast as well.

Visited March 2012
Massachusetts
“Always Excellent Food Served in Generous Portions”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Only a short drive from Boston and located in Historic Quincy Cathay Pacific has always met or exceeded my expectations. Usually all you need to do is select one of the combination plates for either lunch or dinner and enjoy. You can also order a selection of entree and share in family style or do both and have plenty to take home.
Some of my favorites are the Egg Fu Young, Fried Shrimp with Vegetables, Orange Beef, and Vegetable Lo Mein but really it is all terrific.
As for cost of items, they are not free but are of good value, Lunchtime combination plates are around $8 and dinner $12

• Visited September 2011
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Never going back.”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Horrible food and rude management. I got sick here last night, returned half the appetizer and most of my dinner and was told by the manager "I don't know what to tell you because hundreds of people eat here without getting sick." Great for them, but I have never felt so awful after a little chinese food. Waste of $40 - I'll never be back.