“I Just Can't Stay Away!!”
Review of The Lobster Stop

The Lobster Stop
Ranked #36 of 276 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: Seafood
“I Just Can't Stay Away!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I came here on the recommendation of a friend two weeks ago. Four visits later, I find myself coming back for more lobster rolls and lobster bisque! The lobster rolls, while not disgustingly over stuffed, are fresh and plenty satisfying. Oh, and cost about $11 and come with a bag of chips (fries for $1 more). The lobster bisque (about $5) was creamy, flavorful and had lots of lobster chunks. It's a roadside, live lobster stop (nothing fancy, but clean) on the rotary AT the Fore River Bridge, so if you're not familiar with the area, coming into the rotary, stay right, drive slow, and get off the rotary just before going up the bridge. Definitely worth checking out!

3 Thank Michael B

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great takeout”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The place wasn't much to look at but the food we took home was excellent. The chowder was great and the whole clam platters were still crispy when we got them home.

3 Thank MelanieC27
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Awesome lobster roll for the price!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stopped by on the way to our hotel in hull ma and it was the first lobster roll I had and it was pretty delicious and a great value for 2 lobster rolls for 19.99 def. A good deal and should stop by there if possible. The owner and the staff were very friendly and great.

1 Thank koryn v
Sanbornville, New Hampshire
“Informal, excellent service, and yummy: What more can you ask for?”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Dropped by on Saturday night to pick up some seafood to-go for a quick, easy dinner and totally lucked out: I was expecting a huge crowd but was able to walk right up to the counter and order. 2 minutes later, the place was mobbed with folks placing orders. Timing is everything, eh?

The order taker was helpful and considerate. I had planned to order a small onion rings (~$4), she told me I could add onion rings to the lobster roll for only $2 more and just share. The side was not quite as big as a separate order but plenty for us. Brilliant, thoughtful and real customer service! Order included:
-- Large fried clam: med bellies, nice crispy batter, steaming hot, plenty for sharing but a tad tough (not bad, just not perfect)
-- Small scallops: large, on the subtly sweet side (just the way I like), steaming hot
-- Small lobster roll with onion rings: lots of lobster, crispy rings
After placing the order, I sat down with my book expecting a long wait given the crowds. I think I read 2 pages and they were calling my number! WOW! FAST!

All in all a great selection. The seafood was quite good, though not as good as some of my other New England summer shack favorites. The differentiator here was the service. I'll be back again!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Kmcoyle
“Get ya lobstah fix”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Memorial Day weekend , time for a lobstah roll. Based on reviews we thought we'd try a new place. This is right in the rotary by the fore river bridge. Only about 4 booths so plan on take out. The double lobster rolls were pretty good, a tad mayonnaise-y But did like them a lot. We got the doubles which was perfect. Roll is nicely toasted. Also got a box of the whole. Lams which were very good.

Visited May 2014