“a happy surprise”
Review of Kagawa Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Kagawa Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My friend talked me into going to this restaurant. I told her I don't like sushi. She said they have other food. It was a cold snowy day . The first thing that the waitress brought us was wonderful hot tea, while we looked at the menu. We ordered from the list of lunch specials. I orded the one with salmon and she ordered the vegetarian one. We were brought a warming cup of Miso soup. It was delicious. Our lunch came in a box with a litlle section for everything. By the way we used chopsticks. It was fun to taste the salad, salmon, rice, spring rolls and tempora. We had endless cups of tea. For dessert we shared dishes of ginger and green tea ice cream. We left feeling warm and full. I can't wait until i go again to this restaurant. lunch for both of us was under $25.00 which included the tip.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been a patron of Kagawa for over 10 years. We love sushi here, but moves a few years ago. We still drive the 20+ miles to come here!! The sushi and other menu choices are great, along with good service. We have never had to wait for a table as the place is nicely tucked away in Quincy Center. If you like sushi, but don't want to pay Boston prices for it, Kagawa is a great option for you!!

1  Thank bostonfamilydoc
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Kagawa in Quincy Center offers inexpensive, but adequate portions and the vegetable soba is tasty. The service was nice. It wasn't crowded, so service was quick for a mid-week lunch. Clean and conveniently located.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

If you want great sushi for a good price then come here. It is ALWAYS good. The service can be a tad slow at times, but who's in a rush? Come in and relax and enjoy. Definitely try the Ankimo Sashimi (monkfish liver but its to die for) and the Tango Mango roll which is not on the menu but they will still make it. This is hands down my favorite roll. Also they make their own fantastic version of a Mojito. Just ask them to top it off with myer's dark rum. They use japanese mint and its sooo good and refreshing. I have been going there since they opened and can say that the quality has been about the same, the servers have all been there and will remember you if you frequent there more than once :)

Reviewed December 8, 2009

I've been to Kagawa a few times and it's always been average. It's not my favorite but we were in the area and craving sushi. We ordered sake and after pouring it into the cup saw a misquito in it. We asked for a replacement and she gave us our original tokkuri and empty glasses (so we lost some sake). We got over it, things happen. My boyfriend ordered a spicy scallop roll and the scallop was the consistency of paste. We told the waitress who informed the sushi chef, who said it was "diced". Whatever the excuse, it was rotten and mushy and wet. Gross.

I can't blame the waitress, she was hospitable and refunded us for the roll. Just overall it wasn't a good experience.