“My favorite”
Review of Kagawa Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Kagawa Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 28, 2012

If you want great sushi for a good price then come here. It is ALWAYS good. The service can be a tad slow at times, but who's in a rush? Come in and relax and enjoy. Definitely try the Ankimo Sashimi (monkfish liver but its to die for) and the Tango Mango roll which is not on the menu but they will still make it. This is hands down my favorite roll. Also they make their own fantastic version of a Mojito. Just ask them to top it off with myer's dark rum. They use japanese mint and its sooo good and refreshing. I have been going there since they opened and can say that the quality has been about the same, the servers have all been there and will remember you if you frequent there more than once :)

Reviewed December 8, 2009

I've been to Kagawa a few times and it's always been average. It's not my favorite but we were in the area and craving sushi. We ordered sake and after pouring it into the cup saw a misquito in it. We asked for a replacement and she gave us our original tokkuri and empty glasses (so we lost some sake). We got over it, things happen. My boyfriend ordered a spicy scallop roll and the scallop was the consistency of paste. We told the waitress who informed the sushi chef, who said it was "diced". Whatever the excuse, it was rotten and mushy and wet. Gross.

I can't blame the waitress, she was hospitable and refunded us for the roll. Just overall it wasn't a good experience.

Reviewed October 10, 2009

First things first; creating sushi takes a while to roll and prepare so don't be surprised if you have to wait longer for sushi than a cheeseburger next door at the Half Door (order the Kevie Burger - you won't be disappointed).

Kagawa serves food on wooden planks, chopsticks, waitresses wear kimonos, it might be cheesey decor but I love it. It really feels like you're getting the special treatment. In a world of spider-maki and Californian rolls, Kagawa is not afraid to serve arctic surf clam, eel, tuna, salmon, et cetera. If you're a fan of the fish try the complete sashimi plate and explore the texture. I've been here four or five times, and each time they are a complete win. While I am not a sushi connoisseur by any means, I prefer Kagawa to Fuji which is next door and I'm still looking for people to split their $90 golden boat of deliciousness.

Reviewed May 13, 2009

Sushi was amazing fresh and delicious. Service was painfully slow however they only had one guy working behind the sushi bar so maybeit was just that particular night.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I loved Kagawa Always fresh & never breaks the bank. Delivery service is excellent if you live in Quincy too...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook