“Gem of a find!”

Pho Countryside
Ranked #24 of 281 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

So on first appearance you may find yourself saying "this may be a bad decision" but once you get past the somewhat unkept room and fake bamboo plants you will thank yourself for sticking it out.

This is our second time going and this time we brought friends because we were so impressed the first go around. The food is flat out amazing for the price. Service is friendly enough but you can't expect 5 diamond service when the price on an entree is under $10!

The Pho is great and we highly recommend the fried pork chop and vermicelli. All were amazing. Our friends were judgmental at first but once the apps came(shredded pork and shrimp in rice paper) everyone was happy.

After dinner we all order the Vietnamese iced coffee! F Starbucks, this stuff was spot on. We will be going back soon!

1  Thank Oliver N

Reviewed March 1, 2013

There is no better place to enjoy a hot filling lunch for under $10. Amazing soups which get better as the lunch goes on and the flavor meld together. Throw in Basil, lime, bean sprouts, maybe some sriacha and WOW you've got flavor. I like the spicy beef Pho, no tomato.... Enjoy!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The temperature was 25 outside but I quickly lost my chill when I entered Pho Countryside adjacent to the Kam Man Market in Quincy. The service was friendly and efficient and the Pho was excellent I appreciated that the menu (huge) has a "Health Conscious Entrees" section. I ordered a tofu and vegetable soup with rice noodles, which was served in a large bowl that was enough for two people. The broth was delicious and the vegetables still crisp. And, all of this for less than $10.00. Although I do not live in the Quincy area, I make frequent trips to stock up on Asian cooking ingredients at Kan Man. Pho Countryside will be my go to place.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Second lunch at Pho Countryside. Both times I ordered the soup (spicy beef, then chicken). Service was O.K. but very friendly. Both the food and price was great.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stopped by this strip mall hideaway for the hot Pho. The large bowl of steaming hot soup was quite satisfying. The service was friendly. More than a dozen varieties of Pho are offered in the menu. On a cold, wintery day...there is nothing like a heaping bowl of hot soup. The menu has an extensive array of other offerings as well. Bring on the winter!