“Amazing!!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$80.00*
and up
Fall on Cape Cod: Day Trip from Boston with...
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Quincy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: From the sweet little farm at the foot of Penn's Hill to the gentleman's country estate at Peace field, Adams National Historical Park is the story of "heroes, statesman, philosophers ... and learned women" whose ideas and actions helped to transform thirteen disparate colonies into one united nation. Please note: Adams National Historical Park is open for tours from April 19 through November 10 every year. The first tour leaves the Visitor Center at 9:15 a.m. and the final tour leaves the Visitor Center at 3:15 p.m. Tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis.
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Our family highly recommends the Adams National Historic Site. We only had time to visit the home and library - not the birthplace homes. The home contained many original furnishings and artifacts from JA and JQA. The library was quite a sight to see as well. The park ranger who gave us the tour was informative and very well educated on the topic. We learned a ton and are so happy we made the visit! (Myself, husband and two boys- ages 15 & 13 - the 15 year old is a history nut and the 13 year old - not so much, but he enjoyed it too!)

1  Thank BaseballFan5
"hour tour"
"short film"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Don't miss this amazing historical site, as well as they original homestead which is close by. The historical park is run by the National park service. Wonderful guides.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

As a lifelong MA resident, I grew up less than 3 miles from these sites, driven by them daily and never visited. What a surprise to find out the tour for myself and 2 kids was only $5! The entire tour takes about 2 hours. There's an opportunity to watch a short film in the visitor's center if you arrive early enough. It was well done and worth watching, not to mention helpful while taking the tour. We then got on the trolley and visited the birthplaces of John Adams and John Quincy Adams. The Park Service broke up the visitors into 2 smaller, more manageable groups which works really well considering the small rooms we walked through. Loved Peace Field where John and Abigail lived. You could visualize the large extended family living under one roof. There's an impressive library out back, complete with Mendi Bible used for the inauguration of our current Governor. My 13 yr old son was on crutches for this tour and managed quite well as there was only one trip up a flight of stairs to a second floor. So glad I finally took the time to view our National treasures, right in my backyard!

2  Thank Maryann S
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had no idea John Adam's house was available for touring until after watching the HBO miniseries. I googled Peacefield to see if it was still standing and I saw that all 3 of his homes are available for touring. 5 years later I finally made it here and it was worth the wait. I have toured Monticello, Mt Vernon, and Montpelier and this house is unique. They made a point to leave it exactly as the last occupant left it so it has not been restored to what it looked like in 1800 when Adams lived there. The guide explains all of this and it is neat to see the changes made to the house over the years. the library behind the house is amazing. It was a cool day so I didn't get to explore the ground like I would like and I felt like the trolly rushed me a bit but I could have waited for a later trolly. Definitely go across the street from the visitors center and tour the church and the Adams crypt in the basement. They actually open the crypt for you and let you go in and be up close. It was amazing. Visiting Peacefield may not be as glamorous as visiting Mt Vernon or Monticello but the experience is much more personal.

1  Thank welove2travel4ever